+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Without Evans and Lundstrum and with Billy.

Without Evans and Lundstrum and with Billy.

Congratulations to our manager for signing Norwood and seeing what the overwhelming majority of Blades fans have seen and advocated for months ie Evans,thanks for Boro but see ya, and Lundstrum were in tandem the disaster twins and frankly not exactly likely to give even the most ardent clapper a boner individually. No surprise binning those two plantpots resulted in Fleck having a belter.
    I reckon a pacy presence with an eye for goal up top to partner BILLY and we are well on the way.
    That aside still a tad concerned re our propensity to leak goals when attacked at pace.

Be fascinating to see how Coutts is accomodated as I can't see Woodburn holding a starting berth then.
    Well done Lenny. Solid performance and unlucky not to score. Then there's what to do with The Bounce Killer.
    Decisions decisions.

I've been today looked really good going forward and should have scored a lot more Clark looked out of sorts Norwood looked class freeman off the pace can see why he got subbed off thought we looked out of sorts at the back but Egan looked a lot better I know everyone knows this but with the amount of chances we create should be scoring a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Congratulations to our manager for signing Norwood and seeing what the overwhelming majority of Blades fans have seen and advocated for months ie Evans,thanks for Boro but see ya, and Lundstrum were in tandem the disaster twins and frankly not exactly likely to give even the most ardent clapper a boner individually. No surprise binning those two plantpots resulted in Fleck having a belter.
    I reckon a pacy presence with an eye for goal up top to partner BILLY and we are well on the way.
    That aside still a tad concerned re our propensity to leak goals when attacked at pace.

Be fascinating to see how Coutts is accomodated as I can't see Woodburn holding a starting berth then.
    Well done Lenny. Solid performance and unlucky not to score. Then there's what to do with The Bounce Killer.
    Decisions decisions.
    I agree with all that mate although I think Woodburn could still come good. It’s his first ever loan out and he’ll need time to settle. Norwood looks like a miniature version of Coutts, probably a bit more mobile, it’s going to be interesting to see if they can play together with Fleck, what a midfield that’d be.

I was singing Lenny’s praises as well. He got stuck in and could have scored a couple of goals

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyhatton80 View Post
    I've been today looked really good going forward and should have scored a lot more Clark looked out of sorts Norwood looked class freeman off the pace can see why he got subbed off thought we looked out of sorts at the back but Egan looked a lot better I know everyone knows this but with the amount of chances we create should be scoring a lot more
    Fair comments mate,but I love Freeman and thought he was fine today. Was worried about Bash agaist their left winger when Freeman went off and we went to a 4 but he did fine.

The Wilder made the ***** desision to take Woodburn off at h/t and replace with Leonardo (and NOT Lundstram).

Great to beat these Norfolk Farkel's.

Lundstram and Evans not being on the pitch got us the result. Good footballers win games. S h i t footballers lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post

Decisions decisions.
    Norwood is a different class altogether,but tother 2 wern't as bad as you mek owt in my view Beany but they are well behind Olly.It was terrific business to get Evans out and Olly in tho, even the most whinegin slasher must admit that.UTCB

if only we could replicate the signing of olli in the striker department could be the difference between mid table and challenging for top 6 imo

Lundstram will be gradually be moved down the pecking order as he hasn’t made the step up that we would have expected. Great LG 1 player and was a good signing for where we were at when we signed him.
    Evans I did think would improve and he did have some good performances at times but seemed to stop taking risks and passes everything sideways and backwards. Neither seem able to get around the pitch for 90 mins which I find incredible for professional footballers.
    We are now shopping at a different level, hence the Norwood signing.
    Some players will make the step up and some just won’t.
    Wilder is learning as he’s never managed this high up but for me his recruitment is excellent and he’s not afraid to move people on.
    A couple if additions still needed imo but those that criticise CW need to look at the quality and competition we have now in defence/midfield compared with a couple of seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    if only we could replicate the signing of olli in the striker department could be the difference between mid table and challenging for top 6 imo
    the problem is finding this striker, cos everybody else is looking for him as well. I watched Swansea v Brum on Friday - both decent teams, but again, without a cutting edge up front...... McBurnie, Adams, Bogle or Jutkiewicz - none of them looked like scoring.

At least we have Billy .....what we also need is midfielders that can score

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast