+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Available Midfielders that could do the job for us

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I never understood the flak Curtis took. The lad never stopped trying and wasn't a bad player by any standards.
    What was his best attribute? Passing? Shooting? Tackling? No... You need more than effort to be a good player and Curtis didn't bring anything special other than work rate.

Jack Rodwell is the kind of suggestion that other fans would think you're deluded for believing we had any kind of chance of signing him by the way, you might as well have said Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan from Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    What was his best attribute? Passing? Shooting? Tackling? No... You need more than effort to be a good player and Curtis didn't bring anything special other than work rate.

Jack Rodwell is the kind of suggestion that other fans would think you're deluded for believing we had any kind of chance of signing him by the way, you might as well have said Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan from Chelsea.
    He is far better player than the crap that Nolan has replaced him with...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He is far better player than the crap that Nolan has replaced him with...
    Answer the question then, what is Curtis Thompson good at?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Answer the question then, what is Curtis Thompson good at?
    Its a matter of opinion as to whether you rate him or not, i happened to think he was a decent footballer, who was unfortunate to have a joke of a manager like Nolan contantly selecting his cronies week after week. The same can be said of Milsom..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Its a matter of opinion as to whether you rate him or not, i happened to think he was a decent footballer, who was unfortunate to have a joke of a manager like Nolan contantly selecting his cronies week after week. The same can be said of Milsom..
    I actually tend to agree with this. Of those we have let go recently i believe Curtis was a mistake. He’s the sort of ankle biting chase the second ball down central midfielder we are currently lacking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I never understood the flak Curtis took. The lad never stopped trying and wasn't a bad player by any standards.
    I agree, I thought he was a good prospect and had the ability to improve that and be a good player for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12