+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Purrington

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Never put a foot wrong all afternoon , had a very good game in a Wimbledon defence we simply couldn't break down .

Very surprised you've let him out on loan to be honest because he looks a very capable full back .
    Warney has already said a couple of weeks ago on Radio DeeDah that he will re-assess Purrington loan at Xmas, regarding a possible return to the NYS. Maybe financial reasons were partly behind the loan? (Who knows?). Quite likely that other players will be loaned out if some of the rumours on here turn out to be correct.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-08-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Warney has already said a couple of weeks ago on Radio DeeDah that he will re-assess Purrington loan at Xmas, regarding a possible return to the NYS. Maybe financial reasons were partly behind the loan? (Who knows?). Quite likely that other players will be loaned out if some of the rumours on here turn out to be correct.
    What rumours are they Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    What rumours are they Mike?
    Loan signing of another central midfielder, and Warney said on Radio DeeDah that he aims to do that , also possibility of Feeney coming in.
    Warney seems very reluctant to play Wiles (don't know why), so may loan him out? If Feeney comes in, possibly one of the current wingers goes out?
    Guesswork, of course.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-08-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Surely people like Ihiekwe, Onarasie and Bray will also be available for loan. The question is, will anybody want them?
    Ihiekwe would probably do a good job for someone in League 1 or 2, not sure about the other pair though.

Ihiekwe was to play in the Wigan game. Though pulled out ill. When warne was asked if he would take part at the weekend "if you not training your not playing" was his reply... I got the impression there was a bit more to it looking at warnes face when he replied
    Onarise should be a cert to go out on loan as you say mellow. If anyone wants him...
    Is bray still showing up at training? don't recall seeing him on match days...

I think ben is a good defensive left back better at defending than mattock but mattock is a lot better going forward. i certainly wouldn't get shut of him yet. I think the move to the wombles was a good ploy by Warne. Hopefully we will get him back at Xmas and he is a real challenge to matt oc k because we all know mattock can get a bit complacent at times.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Ihiekwe was to play in the Wigan game. Though pulled out ill. When warne was asked if he would take part at the weekend "if you not training your not playing" was his reply... I got the impression there was a bit more to it looking at warnes face when he replied
    Onarise should be a cert to go out on loan as you say mellow. If anyone wants him...
    Is bray still showing up at training? don't recall seeing him on match days...
    Shame about Ihiekwe because he has some good attributes. His disastrous performances in the play-off semi finals seemed to send him into a tail spin and he's finding it hard to recover. A loan would probably be the best solution all round and then reassess the situation in January.
    The Onarasie situation is a strange one but Bray seems to be a complete waste of a wage. I'm a bit surprised we haven't cancelled their contracts because they seem to be miles away from even League 2 standard at the moment.

Yep another one i wouldn't write off yet mellow. He has got some good attributes but if he is to play in the champ with us he has to handle high pressure games. He needs to be loaned out to a team with high expectations in league 1 or 2.

what would league 2 football do for him??

he needs a promotion chasing team in league 1 .

but would they want him

We didn't

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast