+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Purrington

Ben Purrington

Was speaking to a few Wimbledon fans on there way to Barnsley today about purrington. Asked what they though about him etc.

Response was how come your have let him out on loan, he’s a cracking full back.

Mentioned he was alright as a defensive full back but not as an attacking wing back, again they said was I on about the same player as he had a couple of assists already.

Always rated purrington but mattock had a good season last year, still don’t understand why we let him leave on loan and hope if we do have any scouts they are keeping one eye on his performances for Wimbledon.

Never put a foot wrong all afternoon , had a very good game in a Wimbledon defence we simply couldn't break down .

Very surprised you've let him out on loan to be honest because he looks a very capable full back .

That's exactly why we sent him out on loan. To improve s as a player Andy that appears to be working.

Why sit on the bench behind Mattock and playing reserve football on Tuesday afternoons when he could be getting game time in a tough division.

It's only a loan. We haven't sold him. He'll be back better and with more experience
    Last edited by loyalmiller; 18-08-2018 at 07:40 PM.

I wonder what QPR fans are saying about Manning's loan following their hammering at WBA. Their defence and midfield were a total shambles.

Were not allowed to question warnies motives animallitle3. As some say " they trust warnes opinions over the numpties on MM". though myself and best buddy millertop know he's a fantastic fullback and far better then Mattock

In the second half he did get caught on one occasion and our full back Cavare got in behind him but he soon got back goal side and shut the door .

That's when the penny dropped and I realised it was your guy out on loan at the Don's because that piece of play impressed me as Cavare is normally very decent in that situation .

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Were not allowed to question warnies motives animallitle3. As some say " they trust warnes opinions over the numpties on MM". though myself and best buddy millertop know he's a fantastic fullback and far better then Mattock
    Maybe he’s a quiet type that doesn’t fit in the “lads together” Warne mould?

I was chatting last season to..... Well one of the staff involved. He said he loved purrington and in a few years could go to a team playing top end championship/low end premier if he would only give that bit more effort...
    TBD he does have a relaxed look when playing. Maybe he needs to do more. Looks the part to me.. in warne we trust

I think it was a strange decision to loan him out simply because we'll have to play someone out of position if Mattock isn't available now that he's gone. I personally don't agree for one second that he's far better than Mattock (at the minute anyway), if he was you'd assume he'd have made the position his own by now and he hasn't. If he couldn't force his way into the team on a regular basis in League One then I don't see why anyone would've expected him to be first choice this season in a higher league.

Having said that, I hope he does well at Wimbledon and comes back and forces his way into the team, he hasn't justified his fee yet but Warne said he signed him to develop and become a regular over the next few years. Let's hope that happens.

It's nice to see that the lad seems to be getting on with it & not sulking,he's had a good game against a good side keep it up Ben.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast