+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shteeeeeeeeeeve MaCw a nker

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield_Blade View Post
    I suspect that Frank Lampard is just starting on this journey, will be sacked within a few weeks at Derby, but there will be plenty of foreign owners wanting the glory of employing someone that the people in their own country has heard of.
    Heard on the radio the other day that Lampard is trying to get every player in the Derby team playing a patient keep possession passing game, their defenders aren’t allowed to lump it up field because Lampard wants them to play out of defence.

It all sounds a bit like what Dave Weir tried doing here and he didn’t last long.
    Under Weir we totally dominated possession but hardly created chances because the attacks were too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Would you care to bet any substantial sum of money that he dosen't? He won't be there long enough to so do. Money- Mouth?
    Very clever SBT and yes, in reality it痴 impossible for Shteeve to take QPR down because if he continues to struggle he値l be sacked we値l before the season ends, so it値l be some other manager taking QPR down.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Would you care to bet any substantial sum of money that he dosen't? He won't be there long enough to so do. Money- Mouth?
    Well, fortunately for me, I don't give a feck what you think...

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by almostsignedmaradona View Post
    Heard on the radio the other day that Lampard is trying to get every player in the Derby team playing a patient keep possession passing game, their defenders aren’t allowed to lump it up field because Lampard wants them to play out of defence.

It all sounds a bit like what Dave Weir tried doing here and he didn’t last long.
    Under Weir we totally dominated possession but hardly created chances because the attacks were too slow.
    Always the problem when cultured and skilful players are made managers - they can't get their heads around other players not being able to do what they could, so ask the impossible of them with disastrous results.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Well, fortunately for me, I don't think...

UTB
    What you meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Always the problem when cultured and skilful players are made managers - they can't get their heads around other players not being able to do what they could, so ask the impossible of them with disastrous results.
    I can imagine Lampard having all these brilliant ideas playing expansive Barcelona style football.
    The problem is if you don’t have the players, then you’re tactical talents come crashing down like a house built with playing cards.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if Lampard goes a similar way to Weir.

Read a piece today int paper whilst waiting for an appointment it was an interview with lampard who spoke very well and is under no illusions about how hard his task is I think he will do far better than weir who was stubborn beyond belief I think lampard will continue to learn it might not be quick enough to save him at Derby after the money they have thrown at it but I think he will come good somewhere,I hope so as I like him as a person always comes across as grounded to me

I think Lampard will be an epic failure as a football manager and revert to talking about it on television. Rather like Steve Neville.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12