+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marcelo Bielsa

Marcelo Bielsa

Just my initial opinion on him up to now

Supremely knowledable about the game of football

A proper Gentleman, based on how he is with the fans and media despite not knowing english

Thinks outside the box that most other managers don't have the capacity to do

All in all, I really like him, I think we have got 1 of the true characters in the game right now in Marcelo and for the sake of the club keeping him as long as possible, I hope we keep winning games (also for the sake of the success of the club)

This is an exciting start to the season, he selected which senior players would be part of his preferred 18 ie BPF Ayling Berardi Cooper Phillips Klich Hernandez Saiz Alioski Roofe Jansson Forshaw and Dallas, and added to them to complete his preferred 18 with Douglas Blackman Baker Harrison and Bamford, and then to make it into a 25 player squad he also chose Huffer Pearce Shaughnessy Shackleton Clarke Roberts and Edmonson. This is a great balance of youth and experience in this squad, and also, so many british and irish players, only 6 foreigners.

It just feels like the identity of the club has returned after so long without it. Playing the game the right way, promoting from our academy, using many home nations players, this is what Leeds United is known for, it hasnt felt this good in a very long time

I know its early days, but we couldnt really have asked for a better start, and a lot of that, is down to Marcelo and his staff!

MOT!!!

Last edited by philipspark; 18-08-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Amazing how someone like barca or madrid have never got him

Be curious to know who within the club decided, lets go for this guy Bielsa?

And who decided on Heckingbottam???? P45 time.

TC was a fair shot, but just wasn't up to it.

This will really really hurt if the wheels fall off this time around after building our hopes up with such an impressive start. But thIs is Leeds folks...and we have seen it repeatedly in the past...so let's hold on to that knighthood just for now!

He sure seems to have a plan which is good.

I also like how factual he is about the game and not given to hyperbole or criticising

Quote Originally Posted by clivetheleedsfan View Post
    just my initial opinion on him up to now

supremely knowledable about the game of football

a proper gentleman, based on how he is with the fans and media despite not knowing english

thinks outside the box that most other managers don't have the capacity to do

all in all, i really like him, i think we have got 1 of the true characters in the game right now in marcelo and for the sake of the club keeping him as long as possible, i hope we keep winning games (also for the sake of the success of the club)

this is an exciting start to the season, he selected which senior players would be part of his preferred 18 ie bpf ayling berardi cooper phillips klich hernandez saiz alioski roofe jansson forshaw and dallas, and added to them to complete his preferred 18 with douglas blackman baker harrison and bamford, and then to make it into a 25 player squad he also chose huffer pearce shaughnessy shackleton clarke roberts and edmonson. This is a great balance of youth and experience in this squad, and also, so many british and irish players, only 6 foreigners.

It just feels like the identity of the club has returned after so long without it. Playing the game the right way, promoting from our academy, using many home nations players, this is what leeds united is known for, it hasnt felt this good in a very long time

i know its early days, but we couldnt really have asked for a better start, and a lot of that, is down to marcelo and his staff!

Mot!!!
    a f00king-men

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    He sure seems to have a plan which is good.

I also like how factual he is about the game and not given to hyperbole or criticising
    Agree 100% (and I really like that video clip of his advice to Pablo!)

Clive, he's been a real revelation, I really didn't think a manager could make such a change. I and others on here doubted the wisdom of the appointment but in fairness to you you thought that there was promise in the squad we had last season and I think Bielsa has proven you right; who'd have thought that the same players that finished last season are the same one's starting this in the way they have? Not getting too carried away as there's lots of chatter about late season burnout, but happy whilst we are playing the way we are at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Agree 100% (and I really like that video clip of his advice to Pablo!)
    Think you mean Harrison 🤦

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)