+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rondon

For me, after watching yesterdays match, the biggest let down of the team is their inability to keep possession of the ball, they can't string more than two or three passes together and are easily dispossessed. Other than Shelvey, we are hopeless passers, have been for a long time. When the opposing team is attacking why does our defense back off so much, they give the guy with the ball way too much space and time quite often you see their forwards running at our defense for 20 or 30 yards with the ball unobstructed, crazy defending.

Joselu should be nowhere near that team. He kept his place because he scored last week. But... him playing last week showed how bad our summer dealing had been.

Rondon and Muto simply must be better than him. I hope he never starts again. If he is the best we have, we are in the Shiite.

(Same goes for Manquillo, dear me!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Joselu should be nowhere near that team. He kept his place because he scored last week. But... him playing last week showed how bad our summer dealing had been.

Rondon and Muto simply must be better than him. I hope he never starts again. If he is the best we have, we are in the Shiite.

(Same goes for Manquillo, dear me!!!)
    Every man and his dog knew that we needed a 15-20 goal striker and a 10. Both needed to be quality.

Yet we have started the season with Joselu and Perez.

Yesterday wanquillo was atrocious , diame almost as bad , and kenedy lucky to stay on.
    Cardiff are as bad a team as any that has played in the premier.

If we play like that on a regular basis we will go down ..I bet fatty splashes the cash in January to avoid the drop... Shortly after sacking Benitez .

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    I thought Joselu did Ok yesterday, but Rondon is a better player (got to be surely?)

Problem for me is Perez. How is he in the side. He provides little or no support for whoever the striker is, so I think Muto is a better player (got to be surely?)
    I don´t think Perez deserves any more stick than anyone else for yesterday´s debacle. For me he was the only player who showed any composure up front for us and he was a whisker from scoring (very unlucky) when his shot hit their keeper´s shoulder from point blank range. I wish rafa had taken Hoss off for Mutu because the counter attack would´ve been our best option.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I don´t think Perez deserves any more stick than anyone else for yesterday´s debacle. For me he was the only player who showed any composure up front for us and he was a whisker from scoring (very unlucky) when his shot hit their keeper´s shoulder from point blank range. I wish rafa had taken Hoss off for Mutu because the counter attack would´ve been our best option.
    the whole problem is when our team play a top team they raise their game even though its odds on we'll lose
    when we play a lower team our style just sinks to their level

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    the whole problem is when our team play a top team they raise their game even though its odds on we'll lose
    when we play a lower team our style just sinks to their level
    Aye, we've done that for years though - it's very frustrating.

I'd like to see Rondon start next game.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Aye, personally I think Perez is one of the better players in the team, though he's not as good as I expected he would become.

I have a feeling Chelsea will beat the crap out of us on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I have a feeling Chelsea will beat the crap out of us on Sunday.
    Or we'll nick it 1-0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)