+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Different options

Different options

I don't see us having that many different options to change games if we need to.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    I don't see us having that many different options to change games if we need to.
    We don’t have any midfielders who can regularly score goals. We have plenty of wingers but none have an end product. Kenedy was trying to beat three men yesterday instead of just laying the ball off.

Richie is average, Atsu is crap and Murphy never gets enough game time.

I think our main problem is centre midfield, we need a player who can hold on to the ball and run at the opposition. But we just don't have one. I am not saying Diame and Shelvey are bad just we dont have anyone to change that style Our central midfield options are pretty much similar to each other unless Ki Son Yeung offers something different but I have not seen enough of him to pass judgement on that. We will see Murphy getting a lot more game time soon as we will be without Kennedy for 4 matches

Everyone and his dog knew what we needed at the end of last season. A no10 was high on that list along with other needs, which would have done the things tbat Kev, Terrymac and Malamoto rightly point out are missing. Even the ones we did get arrived late on.

Ashley didnt back Rafa adequately as predicted, so we move on. We know this, and Rafas back with the Mr Sheen this year again polishing turds.

diame is back to playing rubbish again do we wait 4 months again before he starts playing

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    I think our main problem is centre midfield, we need a player who can hold on to the ball and run at the opposition. But we just don't have one. I am not saying Diame and Shelvey are bad just we dont have anyone to change that style Our central midfield options are pretty much similar to each other unless Ki Son Yeung offers something different but I have not seen enough of him to pass judgement on that. We will see Murphy getting a lot more game time soon as we will be without Kennedy for 4 matches
    I agree more with this post. We need a fast penetrating M.F. who can thrust out of mid field like a quick dagger strike and open up opposing defences on the counter attack.

Something like the Liverpool teams of old did on a regular basis. Like Rob Lee and Speedo used to do.

All our team does when an opposing attack is broken up is prittle prattle from one side of the pitch to the other giving the opposition time to recover.

why change people for people
    why not change formation
    going forward we have pace and can scare people
    but they dont get the chance

why wasnt rondon brought on
    he aint going to get match fit sitting on the bench

what we do know is manquillo shouldne be gettin g a start over a few others but he does

we all know joselwho shouldnt be getting a start but he does over everyone else

thats not fattys fault

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I agree more with this post. We need a fast penetrating M.F. who can thrust out of mid field like a quick dagger strike and open up opposing defences on the counter attack.

Something like the Liverpool teams of old did on a regular basis. Like Rob Lee and Speedo used to do.

All our team does when an opposing attack is broken up is prittle prattle from one side of the pitch to the other giving the opposition time to recover.
    thats because we areto slow up front

and as we play with one up front dont have options to go forward at pace

Someone (like) a Tom Kearney would have been ideal. Unfortunately players of that quality cost a lot of money, which our Club are not willing to spend.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)