+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Towell and that number 17 shirt.

Towell and that number 17 shirt.

Its interesting that manning now has the number 17 shirt. I wonder if this is a ploy by Warne to force towells hand. towell doesn't have a shirt number at Brighton either which suggests he isn't wanted there. Portsmouth have recently signed a cm which suggests they aren't bothered now either. I suppose he could just take the money and Rot in brightons reserves for the last year of his contract. My own thought is Brighton will want him off their books now and will be more willing to compromise on a deal. In saying that they will need to hurry up if he is still coming to us because we too may shop elsewhere and it will be too late. Think if he is gonna come it will be this week or never.

Nothing top do with a shirt or Towell he wants to come and would gladly come .It his agent that is been greedy .Brighton will sell him if a club comes up with the agents fee. Heard this from a good source but of course alleged

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Its interesting that Manning now has the number 17 shirt. I wonder if this is a ploy by Warne to force Towell's hand.
    Could be... or has Warney given up on getting him back?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-08-2018 at 09:44 AM.

If that's true his agent could leave towell in limbo. Only a couple of weeks before the window shuts. Towell needs to feck him off or he will end up stuck in brightons reserves all season.

All pure speculation on our part.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Nothing top do with a shirt or Towell he wants to come and would gladly come .It his agent that is been greedy .Brighton will sell him if a club comes up with the agents fee. Heard this from a good source but of course alleged
    Brighton can't sell him now unless he goes abroad. Not long left in the loan window so what's the delay if he really does want to come back to us? Surely his agent can't be the problem now.

They could loan him out with a view to flogging him in Jan Mellow.I would imagine that that is their plan now. Still think Towell has a big say in this but he is gonna have to take a pay cut to join us or any other club that might want him for that matter. I would be surprised if he is still at Brighton after the window closes.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-08-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    They could loan him out with a view to flogging him in Jan Mellow.I would imagine that that is their plan now.
    That might also be the agent's plan.
    Risky strategy though.
    I also think (although I don't know for sure) that we're probably still haggling over what proportion of his wages we would be prepared to pay if he came to us on loan.
    Surely it's time to move on now and look elsewhere. Personally I would rather we got a midfield enforcer who can look after the ball.

Is he or isn’t Towell coming back 👀

Agents have a lot to answer for in the decline of football, but let’s remember it’s Towell we are talking about not Messi, so the agent’s fee won’t vary that much no matter where Towell ends up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast