+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Towell and that number 17 shirt.

Perhaps it’s the wages that are the stumbling block.....

At this stage it does not matter what is stopping him from coming it is more important that we get someone in quickly. If it is Towell then all well and good but if he is not here by Monday we should move on.

To be honest, as much as I love towell, and would love him here, I personally don't see him as the type of midfielder we want.
    In my mind, we want a central midfielder in the mould of Tony Grealish (apologies to our younger supporters) or even Gerry Gow (again apologies to our younger supporters) and I did post on another thread that Steve Sidwell ,ironically released by Brighton who also have towell, was available, and would be just the kind of central midfielder we would want?
    Admittedly Sidwell is 35 years old, but I think someone like him on a one year deal ,if he can prove he'''s fit enough would be great.

sidwell would prob want 2 years from rotherham

sidwell was injured for most of last seadon and had a operation on his back.

after reading he has done his coaching badges and it looks like that could be his next move

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post

Maybe it is, but it could also be the old Mexican standoff of who blinks first.

There’s been criticism of the club in the past when we jumped in and overpaid for what turned out to be an average player.

Maybe we are being a bit more canny?

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    sidwell was injured for most of last seadon and had a operation on his back.

after reading he has done his coaching badges and it looks like that could be his next move
    Thanks for that booth, I wasn't exactly saying we should sign sidwell, but I was more saying that he was the kind of CM we are looking for. Thanks again for the update.

It will be wages with Towell. I know Fifa 18 isn't always right but I am playing as Rotherham in career mode. At the end of the season I signed Rodak, and Emmanuel and the wages they accepted were about 5k each. I then tried to sign Towell and Brighton agreed to my 800k offer for him but then it came to wages he wanted 14,600 a week. I then tried him on loan again but Brighton wanted me to pay a too high a share of his wages.

Its Fifa it must be right

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    It always has been

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12