+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rafa to get the sack !!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Remind me who we bought in the January transfer window please.
    Nobody.
    We loaned 3 players....2 of which got us out of the mess we were in.
    One of them forced Rafa's hand in actually playing balanced football with the emphasis on a more attack minded approach, as I mentioned in another post.

It brought the best out of a lot of players and it was not only enjoyable in the main, it got results to get us 10th.
    No need to buy when you can loan in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Ghost he started with the same players because the others have been here 5 minutes.You know that's the reason.If in say 5-10 games,do you honestly believe the likes of Rondon won't be starting.Of course he will.
    As for getting players early I couldn't give a sh1t about other clubs so don't compare.If you want to go down that road I will start by saying we never spent as much as other clubs.
    I am bothered about what we do here.We needed players in early.We are way behind after years of under investment throughout the club.
    I use most other clubs because the issue stands with us and them in terms of bedding in.
    You can use anything you like but I'm still going to give you my answers.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I use most other clubs because the issue stands with us and them in terms of bedding in.
    You can use anything you like but I'm still going to give you my answers.
    Not disputing that but other clubs have less bedding in to do as they improve year on year.We stand still so anyone brought in has to play to an effective way of playing as proved by the 2nd half we had last season,rather than slotting in alongside very good players which is a lot easier to do.

Fake News?

Nothing surprises me with Fat Pig.

Having said that, can't blame Rafa if he walks out anytime, any day, regardless of result or position in the table. Surprised he's still here TBH. Surely, wherever he decides to go will pay the compo.

Just a quick question.Would the club suffer more if Rafa left or would it suffer more if Ashley sold up.Think we all know the answer.

Not disputing that but other clubs have less bedding in to do as they improve year on year.We stand still so anyone brought in has to play to an effective way of playing as proved by the 2nd half we had last season,rather than slotting in alongside very good players which is a lot easier to do.
    Which clubs are improving year on year?

Depends what you class as improving.League placing or just staying in the league and not going down and having to come back up.
    Bournemouth stay in the League and try and strengthen.Might not finish as high every year but they stay up.To them it's improvement.
    Watford used to come up and regularly go down when they did.They now stay up.
    Everton have strengthened and will no doubt finish higher.
    Liverpool have strengthened and have improved.
    Man City have strengthened and have improved.
    Huddersfield,Brighton,Fulham,Wolves and Cardiff will all tell you they have improved.
    Just because you might not think so doesn't mean they haven't.

Just a quick question.Would the club suffer more if Rafa left or would it suffer more if Ashley sold up.Think we all know the answer.
    Hard question to answer and can only be speculated on based on what each individual believes will happen.
    One thing's for sure. Newcastle United will soldier on after Rafa....but will it soldier on any better after Ashley?

Seems easy to answer for many but certainly not set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Hard question to answer and can only be speculated on based on what each individual believes will happen.
    One thing's for sure. Newcastle United will soldier on after Rafa....but will it soldier on any better after Ashley?

Seems easy to answer for many but certainly not set in stone.
    So what has Ashley done well in his time here?

Rafa is one of the worst prem managers we have had
    Statistically

I honestly feel any manager would get us top half with these players

I find Rafa very disruptive. , negative and boring to watch
    With a win ratio below 30%

I don't think anyone else could do a worse job
    Let him go

Get an ash man in

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)