+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rafa to get the sack !!

Rafa to get the sack !!

Anyone think Ashley will sack him if things looked bad by Xmas ? Or would he give him money to save us from going to the championship

Does the £6 million effect sacking? Or was that just for clubs that wanted to buy his services before end of contract.

If Ashley has to pay a wedge to get rid of him then no chance, regardless of position.

If he doesn't i don't know, I could see it but at same time gut feeling says he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Anyone think Ashley will sack him if things looked bad by Xmas ? Or would he give him money to save us from going to the championship
    He'll do his usual trick, cough up just enough to stop his profits from dropping if we go down.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    It's always the same story under Ashley. Both January windows under Rafa have been bad as signings have come in too late and there's been no proper investment. Remember how frustrated Rafa looked during both windows? I thought he would leave.

I reckon if we are in trouble by Christmas and Rafa hasn't been playing the players we all expect him to play in a style that could have given us a much better return, then yes, I think he'll be sacked with Ashley paying up the remainder of his contract.

That's my guess.

If we get to January in trouble then I do not think Rafa will get any money to address anything with the knowledge that his contract is to be run down so he can walk away.
    That doesn't help anyone other than Rafa and I'd rather us get in a manager that can use the players he has in a proper way.

However, seeing as that hasn't happened as of yet and the fact that we are only two games into the season, I'd much rather Rafa gets the newbies into shape, physically and tactically so they can actually do the job and have us in a comfortable position by Christmas and I also wouldn't be too disheartened if Rafa signed a new contract from that, to take us to the end of this season and literally go on from there a positive manner.

Only time will tell...but he does need to get this team balanced out.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    It's always the same story under Ashley. Both January windows under Rafa have been bad as signings have come in too late and there's been no proper investment. Remember how frustrated Rafa looked during both windows? I thought he would leave.
    The last January window saved his bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Only time will tell...but he does need to get this team balanced out.
    If only he was able to get the players in early to have a pre-season here.Like he wanted but wasn't able to,they would all have settled in and we would know our best team.
    Never mind.Its all Rafas fault and his doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    If only he was able to get the players in early to have a pre-season here.Like he wanted but wasn't able to,they would all have settled in and we would know our best team.
    Never mind.Its all Rafas fault and his doing.
    Very few clubs got in their players before pre-season training so all are in the same boat.
    And also, Rafa has started with the same team as last season both times so it's hardly a major issue in terms of training, is it?

What about January when clubs buy in players who haven't trained with their new team mates?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    The last January window saved his bacon.
    Remind me who we bought in the January transfer window please.

Ghost he started with the same players because the others have been here 5 minutes.You know that's the reason.If in say 5-10 games,do you honestly believe the likes of Rondon won't be starting.Of course he will.
    As for getting players early I couldn't give a sh1t about other clubs so don't compare.If you want to go down that road I will start by saying we never spent as much as other clubs.
    I am bothered about what we do here.We needed players in early.We are way behind after years of under investment throughout the club.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)