+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: St Johnstone v Celtic

St Johnstone v Celtic

Yes , as usual , it never rains but it pours. If Stirlings shot had been an inch lower we would have had a Palmerston sell out and probably live on bt or sky sports with the fee that comes with it. This is the second time in recent years where we have f@cked up with prospective ties v celtic in the next round. The other one was a horror result at Cliftonhill against Albion Rovers. I dont think we have played the Bhoys since 1989.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 19-08-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Yes , as usual , it never rains but it pours. If Stirlings shot had been an inch lower we would have had a Palmerston sell out and probably live on bt or sky sports with the fee that comes with it.

Queens are skint. Hewitson has tightened the purse strings and I actually feel sorry for the manager. When the so called relegation favourites Alloa & Ayr United can sign players and we can’t then you really need to start worrying.
    Another fantastic result for Ayr yesterday and now a bumper quarter final against Rangers at Ibrox.

We’re in serious trouble folks.

Just reading in the papers today that 55 years ago - August 17th 1963 - we drew 1 - 1 at Parkhead in the League Cup. Brogan scored for
    the 'Tic and Tommy McDonald for the Doonhamers.

Also should be a good attendance at Palmy when wee McCall's Honest Men coming calling in 2 weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Yes , as usual , it never rains but it pours. If Stirlings shot had been an inch lower we would have had a Palmerston sell out and probably live on bt or sky sports with the fee that comes with it. This is the second time in recent years where we have f@cked up with prospective ties v celtic in the next round. The other one was a horror result at Cliftonhill against Albion Rovers. I dont think we have played the Bhoys since 1989.
    Wouldn't have got Celtic last time peterhead would have if we had won v rovers numbers would have been diff.

No doubt would have been the same this time around also.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Wouldn't have got Celtic last time peterhead would have if we had won v rovers numbers would have been diff.
    Apologies , dont know why I thought that.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    Queens are skint. Hewitson has tightened the purse strings and I actually feel sorry for the manager. When the so called relegation favourites Alloa & Ayr United can sign players and we can’t then you really need to start worrying.
    Another fantastic result for Ayr yesterday and now a bumper quarter final against Rangers at Ibrox.

We’re in serious trouble folks.
    Nah its the trend we do every season. Start with a skeleton of a squad then bring in loan signings at Christmas.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Ayr will sell their star striker and probably fall into a reality check. Apparently Falkirk are in a spot of financial trouble so could be down there.

Alloa will be the safety net for us all though.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Nah its the trend we do every season. Start with a skeleton of a squad then bring in loan signings at Christmas.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Ayr will sell their star striker and probably fall into a reality check. Apparently Falkirk are in a spot of financial trouble so could be down there.

Alloa will be the safety net for us all though.
    Ayr are not going to struggle like I thought . We have a real battle on our hands and I'm looking forward to this tussle at Palmerston.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)