+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody still optimistic about this season?

Last 8 PL Games:

LEICESTER 2-1
    Chelsea 1-2
    Stoke 1-1
    BRIGHTON 0-0
    Arsenal 0-5
    BOURNEMOUTH 1-2
    Southampton 0-0
    WATFORD 1-3

I wasn't very optimistic at the start of last season but it wouldn't have been the end of the world if we had been relegated.

We had a great season.

We have a better squad now ( more rounded)

Need to get shut of Defour though and spend some money in January on a similar creative midfielder who is going to be available to play.

Anything above relegation is fine by me and I think we will be well clear of that.

If after 8 Premier league games of THIS (relevant) season the results are similar then I may not be as optimistic but we'll see.

Haven’t seen anything of todays game yet apart from Norders post of the highlights.
    Sean blaming the players,

Burnley manager Sean Dyche: "We gave the game away. In the very beginning we were not very sharp - their first shot on target goes in. We responded very well, had a good first half and a number of chances we should have made more of.

"The players had a warning to start the second half right and we didn't. The only gripe is that you can understand if we didn't start well but the players had that warning before the second half."

I think we don’t like having lots of possession and we had 61%. Shots were similar. They gave 19 fouls away to our 8, which must have been disruptive, we had 5 corners to their 2. Cornholme blames the tactics of 1 up front. There’s something in the tactics argument.

Anyway Watford beat Brighton last week and today Brighton beat Man U. Watford have started playing Deeney with Gray and that seems to be working for them now and they are up to 3rd. We are now 15th

Let’s see how we do in Athens and Fulham.

Mid table,still in Europe ... Don't worry be happy ..

We conceded three crap goals. I don't care how much money you spend if the team does not concentrate in this league you get severely punished.

Watford pressed all over the pitch, they scored three soft goals and Hart looked shell shocked! We were rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by HeidyClaret View Post
    Guys we're 2 games in, it's a bit early yet to be pulling out the 'I told you so'
    Well said Heidy

Intrigued by your name I googled and got this. Is it correct?

an amazing, energetic, smart, styling, funny, gorgeous girl. She laughs at everything and is almost always smiling. She has alot of flaws but on the inside is a person with alot of emotion and personality. She likes to keep things inside of her and is always smiling even if something is hurting her. She is beautiful both inside and out and attracts a few haters because they are jealous of her supreme godliness and beauty. This girl definitely has a temper, but she controls it most of the time. A Heidy is an one of kind and very rare. Shes super pretty and fresh. She is a dude magnet. Every guy on this planet is lucky to have her. She's a beautiful gift.

If so it sounds like we’re lucky to have you and ... we’ll have to be on our best behaviour.

I never was optimistic about this season, the Europa League is not an excuse, it's a reason why we are going to struggle, Everton have a far bigger squad than us, but by the time they were out of the Europa League last season they were in a relegation battle. Sam got them out of it and into the top ten, but not while they were jetting all over Europe every Thursday
    At this level as well you have to run just to keep up, but if you stand still like we have done, you get left behind. We haven't strengthened the team, and we're playing in a Mickey Mouse competition every Thursday instead of working on the training pitch.

Anyone who didn't think this would adversely affect us was living in dreamland. Imo.

Agree with most of that Sinkov. Hopefully Vydra will prove to be a valuable acquisition though.

I REALLY hope we don't make the group stages of the Europa Cup. Two games in and I believe it is having a bad effect on our league form already.

At Southampton, and again today, we started brightly and bossed the first halves. We faded badly in the second halves of both matches - unlike what we have come to expect from a Dyche team.

Yes, we rotated the squad a bit, but our midfield is simply not strong enough in depth (at least until Brady and Defour return) to give them a rest.
    Wardy and Lowton also suffered badly in the second half today.

Let's play a full second string team in the Olympiakos tie before we start falling seriously behind in the league.

Fulham away and then Man Utd at home are our next two games - both after playing on Thursday nights. We could easily lose both these and then we have an uphill battle.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I never was optimistic about this season, the Europa League is not an excuse, it's a reason why we are going to struggle, Everton have a far bigger squad than us, but by the time they were out of the Europa League last season they were in a relegation battle. Sam got them out of it and into the top ten, but not while they were jetting all over Europe every Thursday
    At this level as well you have to run just to keep up, but if you stand still like we have done, you get left behind. We haven't strengthened the team, and we're playing in a Mickey Mouse competition every Thursday instead of working on the training pitch.

Anyone who didn't think this would adversely affect us was living in dreamland. Imo.
    We were not playing in the Europa league the last five games of the 2017/2018 season Sinkov and the cracks had well and truly appeared even then.This form did not start this season.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)