+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody still optimistic about this season?

Anybody still optimistic about this season?

Watford have not won away from home until today with their current manager yet they looked twice the team Burnley are especially in the second half. We are a team bereft of ideas,no passing skill,no finishing skill,no quality whatsoever in the final third and some players who are so obviously not PL standard.Hendrick,Westwood,Lennon and even Woods are looking Championship players at best.
    We have not recruited and we look much worse than the team we started last season with.The blame for this lies firmly with the board.I am sure the excuses about playing in the Europa League will be voiced but they knew that 4 months ago and have done nothing to counter it.
    It is going to be a long season.

I said last season (even though we finished 7th) we had a dozen games where we was absolute Sh!te and even won a few we should not have done.

Yes the excuses of the Europa will maybe come out.

Did you see the game Mr Garlick ? and the others where we struggled in the Europa ?

Sheer grit and determination is not enough, we need better players than what we have to compete, the PL does not stand still for anyone, we should have strengthened, we didn't and we'll struggle even with Brady and D4 coming back, I have a feeling January will come to late, it should have been done earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I said last season (even though we finished 7th) we had a dozen games where we was absolute Sh!te and even won a few we should not have done.

Yes the excuses of the Europa will maybe come out.

Did you see the game Mr Garlick ? and the others where we struggled in the Europa ?

Sheer grit and determination is not enough, we need better players than what we have to compete, the PL does not stand still for anyone, we should have strengthened, we didn't and we'll struggle even with Brady and D4 coming back, I have a feeling January will come to late, it should have been done earlier.
    If it is obvious to us then why was it not obvious to the board?The biggest joke for me was when we were linked with Crouch-that sums up the ambition of the board.

I think the old excuse of preserving BFC for the next 10 years comes into play, and of course Garlicks wallet.

With Crouch (if true), its another phrase of being in Harrods and wanting pound shop players.

Seriously I don't expect BFC to throw the kitchen sink at it, but to at least "let go" of more of the money we have stockpiled.

I also said if things didn't improve quickly we'd have the best training ground in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think the old excuse of preserving BFC for the next 10 years comes into play, and of course Garlicks wallet.

With Crouch (if true), its another phrase of being in Harrods and wanting pound shop players.

Seriously I don't expect BFC to throw the kitchen sink at it, but to at least "let go" of more of the money we have stockpiled.

I also said if things didn't improve quickly we'd have the best training ground in the Championship.
    But nowhere near the best team.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    But nowhere near the best team.
    Exactly

Feeling very optimistic - comfortable mid table finish and tow decent cup runs.

Guys we're 2 games in, it's a bit early yet to be pulling out the 'I told you so'

Quote Originally Posted by HeidyClaret View Post
    Guys we're 2 games in, it's a bit early yet to be pulling out the 'I told you so'
    I think we are 6 games in, 4 against what should have been inferior opposition in Aberdeen and Basaksehir, one against Southampton and Watford today who certainly are not world beaters, take this with some of last season's performances I think CIB, myself and others can see a trend that has not been addressed.

No wins now in 7 PL matches.Only 2 of those games were against top 6 opposition(Chelsea,Arsenal).

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)