+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody still optimistic about this season?

I am sorry chaps and I did not want to have to but after todays game may I ask the question again.Anybody still optimistic about this season?

I'm a lot happier than when we were still in the Europa Cup.

I had more or less given up on todays match. Two days to recover from Thursday night and to prepare to play Man Utd, who had six clear days to prepare for us? We were always on a loser.

I am confident that our league form will begin to pick up now that we are back to the day job.

And, hopefully, we will soon see Brady, Defour and JBG soon.

I am confident of staying up comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I'm a lot happier than when we were still in the Europa Cup.

I had more or less given up on todays match. Two days to recover from Thursday night and to prepare to play Man Utd, who had six clear days to prepare for us? We were always on a loser.

I am confident that our league form will begin to pick up now that we are back to the day job.

And, hopefully, we will soon see Brady, Defour and JBG soon.

I am confident of staying up comfortably.
    Same here 59/60,there are far worse teams than us in this league..We will turn things around..

Me and the lad were counting up the value of the United team yesterday. We stopped counting at £500 million.

Just how we finished 7th in this league last year is still beyond me.

This season will be a relegation scrap. We are already in one, so buckle up for what will be one hell of a ride.

1959/60 said

"and hopefully we'll see Brady, Detour and JBG soon"

I doubt we'll see Defour before the New Year, if ever again.
    Brady might be back before Bonfire Night but won't be match-fit.
    JBG rarely seems to play 5 games on the trot either through not being picked or injured - expecting him to be the knight in shining armour to get us above 18th spot seems optimistic at best.

Next up: Wolves, B'mouth, Cardiff and Hudds. Be lucky to get more than 4 points out of that lot.
    Then come Man City, Chelsea, W Ham and Leicester. Be lucky to get 2 ltd from them imo.
    Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by edlea View Post
    1959/60 said

Next up: Wolves, B'mouth, Cardiff and Hudds. Be lucky to get more than 4 points out of that lot.
    Then come Man City, Chelsea, W Ham and Leicester. Be lucky to get 2 ltd from them imo.
    Hope I'm wrong.
    Another loss.
    Another one to add to the list.
    Is my scenario as above likely to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by edlea View Post
    Another loss.
    Another one to add to the list.
    Is my scenario as above likely to happen?
    Looks a bit optimistic to me Edlea.

Guys you need to put the razor blades away. It is not as bad as all that surely?

Three points from our last ten PL games, I suppose it could be worse, but not much. We're bottom of the League for a very good reason.

How about now?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)