+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody still optimistic about this season?

59/60

I admire your optimism but have you seen the fixture list?

Man City, Chelsea, West Ham next.

We have recently played the 3 promoted clubs and also Huddersfield (reckoned by many to be relegation fodder) and amassed the great total of 4 points.

Ed, both you and I know that it doesn't work like that!

Especially with the Clarets.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Ed, both you and I know that it doesn't work like that!

Especially with the Clarets.
    Where doomed, to self implode , with our clueless board,...Thought Bob was bad,..but our lot now are worse
    They had a chance,...A Bloody big chance . to improve our squad , and move on!!
    But , they are clueless and do nothing.
    Really is time for our so called board, to look at themselves , and let someone in, who can do Far better.

Quote Originally Posted by edlea View Post
    59/60

I admire your optimism but have you seen the fixture list?
    Ed, 59/60 spends a lot of his time on the top of mountains, it's the rarified air that does it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Ed, 59/60 spends a lot of his time on the top of mountains, it's the rarified air that does it.
    Yes, but up there I can see the bigger picture - thats what makes me so wise

It's really too simplistic to say that we need to throw money at it. Many clubs of our size or a bit bigger have gone down that road and suffered the consequence.

I'm sure we tried hard to add numbers but, for example, WBA wanted far more than we were willing to pay.

Personally, I think that we are not far off. We are crying out for creativity and someone to control things in midfield. Brady and Defour have been "touch and go" to be available all season but it hasn't happened yet. These two players (assuming they start playing like they did last season) will transform us. Much more control of the game and a lot more ammo for our front men.

Sticky spell without doubt, but this is when Sean is at his best.
    And 12th in the league with seven points from the last three games...things could be worse.

I suggest you all get yer boots on and climb a mountain. You will see things more clearly then and be a lot more positive

"Brady and Defour have been "touch and go" to be available all season but it hasn't happened yet. These two players (assuming they start playing like they did last season) will transform us."

I love this.

The longer they're out, folk are talking in mystical tones like they're a combination of Messi & Ronaldo.

I would honestly be amazed if these two combined start 20 games this season. Would you hang your hat on that happening?

And just supposing they did - would they get us out of the sticky stuff?

"Brady and Defour have been "touch and go" to be available all season but it hasn't happened yet. These two players (assuming they start playing like they did last season) will transform us."

I love this.

The longer they're out, folk are talking in mystical tones like they're a combination of Messi & Ronaldo.

I would honestly be amazed if these two combined start 20 games this season. Would you hang your hat on that happening?

Ed, just pick your best team from our squad - including Defour and Brady - and I think it would look pretty good.

Mine would be, (4-5-1)

Hart
    Lowton, Mee, Tarks, Ward
    JBG, Cork, Defour, Hendrick, Brady
    Vokes/Barnes/Wood/Vydra up front (depends on the opposition)

Sometimes we might consider 4-4-2 with Vydra coming in for Hendrick and either Vokes/Barnes/Wood partnering him up top.

A good set of options off the bench as well with Westwood/Lennon/McNeil in midfield, Long/Gibson/Taylor/Bardsley in defence, loads of goalies and several options up top.

I think Defour will be ready for Man City and Brady will be very close too.

Onwards and Upwards!

At least Defour and Brady can get the ball on the deck and play bloody football! I went to Bournemouth last season for a night match and Brady played the Cherries off the park.

Defour ran United ragged at Old Trafford and none of our other lot can do that!

I love this.

NO

I love this.

Two players are not responsible for getting us out of the sticky stuff, as you call it. The responsibility lies with the whole team, which includes management and players. If they perform to the best of their ability it gives them every chance to pick up points and that is the name of the game.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)