+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody still optimistic about this season?

I cannot believe we only had 32% of possession against Huddersfield at home. We were pathetic. I dread to think what Man City and Chelsea are going to do to us in the next two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshireclaret101 View Post
    I cannot believe we only had 32% of possession against Huddersfield at home. We were pathetic. I dread to think what Man City and Chelsea are going to do to us in the next two games.
    Dyche will go 4-5-1 and the message will be "damage limitation".

Just watched MOTD and was impressed (again)with David Brooks of Bournemouth.Thought he was good against us. He was bought for £11.5 million from Sheffield Utd. Bearing in mind our lack of creativity in midfield did we even look at this player?

Just watched MOTD and was impressed (again)with David Brooks of Bournemouth.Thought he was good against us. He was bought for £11.5 million from Sheffield Utd. Bearing in mind our lack of creativity in midfield did we even look at this player?
    Howe was always better at picking talent than Dyche Better at extracting talent from his players as well.Remember Stanislas.Why we spunked almost 40 million on Offside Woods,Hopeless Hendrick and Broken Brady is beyond me.

My understanding is we looked at a shed full of players(don't know about Brooks) and the reasons they didn't come were either didn't want to come to us or the board wouldn't pay out the going rate to sign them on ..If we are still in the mix at Christmas in the January sales then the board need to get their fingers out and spend some bloody money or we will be dropping back into the Chumpionship again..( which I don't mind but would prefer to stay in the premier league as long as possible just for the money it generates)

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Howe was always better at picking talent than Dyche Better at extracting talent from his players as well.Remember Stanislas.Why we spunked almost 40 million on Offside Woods,Hopeless Hendrick and Broken Brady is beyond me.
    Damaged Defour as well. Although he's good when fit..

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Howe was always better at picking talent than Dyche Better at extracting talent from his players as well.Remember Stanislas.

Don't know about that CiB, I remember him signing Zavon Hines at the same time as Stanislav, later to delight the crowds at Bradford, Maidstone and Dagenham & Redbridge. Eddie departed leaving us very much just where we were when he arrived. Dyche took us from relegation favourites in the Championship to 7th in the PL with a very mediocre bunch of players. Whatever happens from now on, you can't take that away from him.

Anybody still optimistic about this season?

It's a definite "No" from me.

But I don't think Mr Dyche, the board or the players will give a tinker's cuss about that.

The only optimism I have is there are 8 teams just as bad as us if not worse..

Depends what you mean by optimistic.

I don't think we will be relegated but i don't think we will be challenging for Europe either.

I am hoping to be between 10th and 15th, which realistically would be fantastic.
    We are the smallest town ever to play in the Premier League, no rich owners, so please keep it real.
    And because of these facts it is always going to be a struggle to compete and to maintain our status in this division.

I am sure that when Defour and Brady are back and firing we will be a lot easier on the eye as well.We are having to make do and mend in midfield at the moment and creating opportunities for our strikers is proving very difficult.

If we have a run without injuries to key players I reckon we will be back to our best in November onwards.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)