+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody still optimistic about this season?

I wonder how other Europa League teams are faring.....if they're found wanting in their home league games - and then using the EL games as and excuse - But really ?...come on - were a couple of games into the season, thats all....so are we seriously saying that tiredness is the root of our inadequacy - and anyway, it isn't like we've been running our legs off, only problem I can see is upstairs - the lack of active thinking, and it's conversion into movement...it's what separates the wheat from the chaff - so for me, is only a case of , can we thresh it out and lift our game - as said, it's all about the basics with Burnley, as in all honesty, they're a team of majority championship level PL pretenders....which as we've seen, can work - but lose that big strength....like in that simply solid defence and goal, and we're screwed, which is exactly what happened against Watford - that wasn't tiredness - just anemic Football - no more to it than that - IMO.

Could it be that we have been found out?We very rarely have a plan B now for all our time in the PL and the opposition know it.Another point to make is that we are good at keeping teams at bay at 0-0 and better still if we go in front but statistics show that when we go behind we are 99% bang on to lose all 3 points.As soon as we go on the attack we get punished against teams that know how to counter.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 22-08-2018 at 10:46 AM.

There really is no rocket science in this.
    Itinerary:
    Report Manchester airport, Wednesday.
    Play in Athens, Thursday.
    Fly back to Manchester Friday morning.
    Have a kip.
    Report to Turf Moor Saturday morning.
    Take a Coach trip to London.
    Have a kip.
    Play a high intensity game on Sunday.
    Repeat and get ready for another week of madness.
    If we really want to stay in the EPL, chuck this Europa League malarkey now!

My biggest concern at the moment is our midfield.

We play with five in midfield - but only have five fit players there! Cork, JBG, Hendrick, Westwood and Lennon.

This week for instance we are playing in Greece Thursday night and Fulham on Sunday. How can we rotate the midfield?

If we pick up a knock in Greece then we are really struggling on Sunday.

It could all look a lot better if..

A/. We got knocked out of the Europa Cup
    B/. Brady and Defour return in good nick.

Until then we are very obviously severely weakened, especially in midfield.

We can change formation to accommodate injuries, but we are woefully light in the midfield, especially with Sick Note Defour and Robbie Brady both injured.

Despite the cacophony of fans whinging in the window it really was the one area we needed to seriously strengthen. That's why I thought bringing Jay Rod back was so *****, because he gives you so many different options.

It's not like we haven't done this before, we got relegated when Deano was injured, leaving Jones and Arfield to go from January to May as our only midfield options whilst playing in the Premier League. Bonkers!

I never want us to get beat, but just for Thursday I will make an exception.

I wrote V-i-T-A-L! Must find out why we can't write VIT AL?

BT
    It’s because Vita*football is a competitor site
    Bit daft you can use football but can’t use Vita* separately. One for CM bosses to sort

I rest my case.

Yeah I think you are right CIB - lets all go on a mass suicide mission. Its terrible times being a Burnley fan.

I cant think of anything worse than being a Clarets fan right now - I would offer to hold your case but I have a noose in one hand and a cut throat razor in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I rest my case.
    Don't worry CIB, when we are out of the Europa and our "stars" Brady and D4 return we'll be O.K.

If you believe the above I'll take some of your medication

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)