+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody still optimistic about this season?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    We were not playing in the Europa league the last five games of the 2017/2018 season Sinkov and the cracks had well and truly appeared even then.This form did not start this season.
    Fair enough Cib, you're right. But whatever cracks were appearing at the back end of last season might have been resolved with a couple of decent signings and no Europa League. Playing every Thursday is just going to make it worse. It's not just us, it fecks up the league form of most teams that play in it.

I am optimistic that we will play in the Premier League for this season and will win some, draw some and lose some.
    It is just a game of football at the end of the day and as long as the players give it their best shot I have no comlpaints. They do their job and I will support them because this will probably be my last season going to matches because the introduction of VAR will kill the game as far as I am concerned.
    However, if we get relegated and VAR is not used in the Championship I would renew my season ticket and enter my 69th season of going to the Turf ---I suppose that is also being optimistic ----so the answer is YES!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Bit arrogant of you Alto that you have spelt it out perfectly for the rest of us mere mortals.

One factor you constantly fail to mention is that 19 other pretty decent football teams are all doing their dandiest to retain their place at the top table of English football.

But please feel free to keep on undermining a minor miracle.
    Its not arrogance at all BT, For all the flack I get in my views, I'm just saying I'm not alone in my thinking.

Yes most of the other 19 Clubs who have moved on and we have barely moved.

Miracles are in children's books, proper miracles are one off's and never return, and if they do they are called something else, but to accomplish this you need to replenish the good that has appeared, not sit on your riches.

optimistic ?.....we're a couple of games into the season, so am not panicking - yet....though am sick of this now repetitious lack of attacking quality / not testing their goal enough , and that pitiful dithering with the ball.

game against Watford - Tark left a space when he came out and failed to win the ball from Gray - he still made the pass and so made the run - Westwood went with him at a distance, but didn't shut him down....essentially, he just watched him go - then there's Lowton - he's looking at the cross coming in - not who's running in....and could Hart have done better ?

Then there's the Deeney Goal - all are ball watching - he makes a blatantly obvious run, ignored by Gudmundsson who's walking away from goal, he then runs between Mee and...Ward, who can't miss him, leaving him loads of time and plenty of space to make the shot....Stagnant !

Hughes goal - Lowton mistake gave them possession - again, he was allowed plenty of space, and noone were in a rush to shut him down - cracking shot - but I think Hart should have at least got a hand on it.

there are no excuses - was just lazy, S.D's made a big deal harping on the value of the Basics - well, they went right out the window - made it very sad display....now, that is worrying !

Neither work Bt , he needs to find a way of wood playing as he’s the only mobile one, alongside some pace, we don’t stretch teams as it’s fed into the big man all the time , when it’s wood he’s not as strong as Vokesand doesn’t win enough , when it’s vokes he has no pace ( wood is a finisher though).
    Not panicking yet but the Europa thing is a mistake for us you could physically see the energy drain out of our midfield and we simply don’t have the power to compete.
    They basically just ran all over us and we couldn’t stop it.

Lennon played well especially first half , he makes the runs an awful lot in behind but Westwood doesn’t have the confidence to play him in a lot of the time ( fear of failure ).
    If Defour was playing he’d release the ball into the channels for him.
    Wood needs someone with him can’t be a target man and score goals.

Feel for Hendrick a bit asked do a job that he’s not comfortable doing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I will personally give you odds on any amount at 10-1 that we will stay up. Wire me the money?
    Nice confidence. I like it. See you in a couple of seasons or maybe sooner? Who knows.

Sinkov in pre-season mentioned the twin pitfalls of travelling and lack of time to prepare for a Sunday EPL game and by Jove the bloke was right!

So far this 'season' I have watched the Clarets 4 times on the TV and once live at Southampton. Having watched the Palace - Liverpool match last night it highlighted to me the level that we are actually at. Based on our performances so far and the way the two teams performed last night we are in for some serious spankings this season.

Some good news

Robbie's back on the grass with us," said Dyche. "He’s had a few days on the grass, and the plan will be to train all week now and get him back to normal first team training.

"Steven Defour is a few weeks behind that, we’ll see how he goes over the next 10 days to two weeks.

Vydra added to Europa squad.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)