+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody else notice?

Anybody else notice?

That Gayle looks like a velociraptor? Could be the hair style. Or the fact that he preys on defenceless people.

Or that we haven’t played a decent team yet?

Friday will be the first proper test.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Or that we haven’t played a decent team yet?

Friday will be the first proper test.
    Couldn't agree more Mick. Tough test.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Couldn't agree more Mick. Tough test.

At least our defense won't have anything to do, as still hear some say Pulis teams don't know how to attack

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    At least our defense won't have anything to do, as still hear some say Pulis teams don't know how to attack
    How can anyone say that, especially fans of Albion? The attacking football was a delight to behold when he was in charge of us. 19 goals in his last 31 games in charge proves he knew how to send out an attacking side.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    How can anyone say that, especially fans of Albion? The attacking football was a delight to behold when he was in charge of us. 19 goals in his last 31 games in charge proves he knew how to send out an attacking side.
    I agree mate. The goaless draw with Villa at home was a particular highlight. Or was it the club record run of games without scoring.
    All our attacking players flourished under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I agree mate. The goaless draw with Villa at home was a particular highlight. Or was it the club record run of games without scoring.
    All our attacking players flourished under him.

Everyone has an opinion. Bolton and QPR are a bit different to Man City and Chelsea. If Pulis teams don't know how to play attacking football then why should our defense have anything to worry about on Friday? Surely Pulis will park the
    bus?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Everyone has an opinion. Bolton and QPR are a bit different to Man City and Chelsea. If Pulis teams don't know how to play attacking football then why should our defense have anything to worry about on Friday? Surely Pulis will park the
    bus?
    By the way it wasn't opinion it was fact.

Are you going to repeat the "so and so" aren't Man City all season? Stupid question. Of course you are.

You forget we lost to Derby at home with him they weren't Man City either.

3 years of experience tells me that Pulis plays negative football.
    I here he's complaining they haven't signed the players he wanted. Just wait til they do. Even he takes longer than six months to spread his disease throughout the club.
    Perhaps they're doing well because he hasn't got Gardner or Yacob to bring on when they are winning 1-0 because that always worked.
    Do you reckon Barnes would get in a Pulis team? Or would he be cast aside like Gnabry and Pritchard?

His reputation spans far wider than my view.

Ask your Boro mates how they felt at Villa Park in the play offs when they needed a win NO shots on target.

Anyway back on topic.
    Yes Gayle does look like a velociraptor. Still better to have a dinosaur on the pitch rather than in the technical area.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    By the way it wasn't opinion it was fact.

Are you going to repeat the "so and so" aren't Man City all season? Stupid question. Of course you are.

You forget we lost to Derby at home with him they weren't Man City either.

3 years of experience tells me that Pulis plays negative football.
    I here he's complaining they haven't signed the players he wanted. Just wait til they do. Even he takes longer than six months to spread his disease throughout the club.
    Perhaps they're doing well because he hasn't got Gardner or Yacob to bring on when they are winning 1-0 because that always worked.
    Do you reckon Barnes would get in a Pulis team? Or would he be cast aside like Gnabry and Pritchard?

His reputation spans far wider than my view.

Ask your Boro mates how they felt at Villa Park in the play offs when they needed a win NO shots on target.

Anyway back on topic.
    Yes Gayle does look like a velociraptor. Still better to have a dinosaur on the pitch rather than in the technical area.

See all your points. That said, Pulis left over a year ago so almost everyone has moved on, and I wish the guy well with his huge pay off and no gardening leave courtesy of yet, another stupid decision by our inept Board.

I still say though - in this division - Boro will be near the top, and so far, they have played decent football. That's fact, through their league position and goals scored.

I am happy with Big Dave apart from not playing Field and playing Brunt in a position where's he's evidently not suited!

Friday will be a tough match, and certainly don't expect a parked bus! Lets hope, I am wrong!

Couldn't disagree with you more, Al.
    When was your 1st Albion game? Well into the 21st Century I'm guessing.
    It's not just about getting results, you know. Pulis, or another like him, could maybe keep Albion in the Prem indefinitely; but gradually we'd lose the support of most of the older fans who are passionate about the Albion because we've historically played football with a smile. I know you think we're living in the past, but the shine went off the Albion under that man Pulis for me and many others - he shouldn't even be allowed near Bomber/Astle/Ronnie Allen photos.
    You nouveaux fans don't know what we're on about, but our love is stronger than any pleasure we might get from parking the bus to snatch a set-piece draw every week.
    Please don't mention him again. You are wrong, and us old fans are right. Now let it go.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)