+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know it’s a hypothetical question however

I know it’s a hypothetical question however

do you think Ashley would have actually sold the club if we hadn’t been promoted from the Championship last time? We know Rafa would have gone and the high earners would have been sold as we were apparently (cough) close to financial disaster if you believe him and his side kick.

I think as has been alluded to on here numerous times before it is probably the only way we will get a new owner as we all know the price to buy has ludicrously gone up £100m in 3/4 months and no one appears willing to pay it. Even for a prem club.

Yes, I think he would have sold up. He's mainly in it for the PL TV money as far as I can see. That's where he makes his dough. This is why he was willing to invest heavily in a Fizzy side - he needed to get back to the moneypie that is the Premier League.

If he had sold up, Rafa would maybe even have stayed if the new owners showed promise and hope. I don't know who's going to this club off of Ashley now, and that's the sad thing. I think he's hanging around for many years to come. F*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    do you think Ashley would have actually sold the club if we hadn’t been promoted from the Championship last time? We know Rafa would have gone and the high earners would have been sold as we were apparently (cough) close to financial disaster if you believe him and his side kick.
    Would like to think he would have sold.Also the last bit about financial disaster.A so called brilliant businessman like Ashley that saved the club and has apparently got us solid financially and improved everything around the club,surely not.

I'd take relegation in a heartbeat if it meant he would sell up.

We will never progress under him. Does anyone expect Sports Direct to suddenly start selling better gear or have more upmarket fixtures and fittings, etc? No, because it suits his purpose to run it as cheaply as possible to make him as much money as possible.

It's exactly the same as us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I'd take relegation in a heartbeat if it meant he would sell up.

We will never progress under him. Does anyone expect Sports Direct to suddenly start selling better gear or have more upmarket fixtures and fittings, etc? No, because it suits his purpose to run it as cheaply as possible to make him as much money as possible.

It's exactly the same as us.
    I would happily spend two or three seasons in the Chimpo if it meant getting rid of the cancerous regime that is in charge of Our Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    I would happily spend two or three seasons in the Chimpo if it meant getting rid of the cancerous regime that is in charge of Our Football Club.
    It might be the only way to get off this merry-go-round, I'd take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    It might be the only way to get off this merry-go-round, I'd take it.
    I'm sure most of us would, but it would take us to miss out on a quick return so that the decent players bought in for the push back to the Prem would want to leave.

Then we would be left with a real Chimpo squad, the club valued at a half of the price fatty is asking and therefor a good proposition for a new decent, ambitios owner.

This supposed £400m thing is baffling me (of course if it is actually true which I doubt). It’s like you putting your house on the market for £200k getting a few viewings and an offer of £185k. Then you hear the house down the road with a big extension has sold for £250k so you go to the estate agent and ask them to increase your price to £250k!!!

I'd go down and stay down in any league until he sells .makes no difference what
    League we are in the owner doesn't want to spend .were probably more of a league one spending club anyway so **** the fat ****

And if we go bust so **** someone will pick up a nice bargain !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)