+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we get something against Chelsea

Bizarrely it's a game i can see us nicking something from.

We could easily get tonked but something says this is perfect game for us to nick a point, or hopefully 3.

Hopefully Rafa has reamed them all out after that display yesterday and they will be on the front foot. What about this Fernandez, would he not be ready, they say he can play anywhere in defense, couldn't be any worse than Manquillo even if he's not up to speed yet.
    Hoping for a point.

Can't really see us getting much from this game if we are anything like as bad as at Cardiff but you know what they say about Newcastle "we are just daft enough to win it". I think I would try something daft at the start like Muto and Perez because I think their pace and work rate can trouble Chelsea. If it does not work replace either with Rondon. Also it has to be Murphy in for Kennedy for me. If Yedlin is still not fit I would move Clark to full back and bring Fernandez in at centre half, or straight in as full back as mentioned by Cannylad

Keeping the score line down for me is s priority so it will be one up front

Just look st Huddersfield -8 goal difference already

we need someone to keep Alonso quiet ..he has started like a train this year.

Chelsea havnt replaced costa.. Morata is just woeful .. but if we play like we played against Cardiff we aint got a prayer.

If he starts Joselu and Perez up top again no chance, we might get a goal it Rondon and Muto start, and Schar needs to come in even at right back he would be better then manquillo.

Ever since cisse's wonder goal...we have faired pretty well against Chelsea...almost every season after, we collected a fair few points with wins/draws...we may Nick a point or three

Quote Originally Posted by gogz_86 View Post
    Ever since cisse's wonder goal...we have faired pretty well against Chelsea...almost every season after, we collected a fair few points with wins/draws...we may Nick a point or three
    That's one goal never to be forgotten.

His first one was pretty good too but the second I just burst out laughing it was so outrageous

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    That's one goal never to be forgotten.
    Something else - whenever he shot at goal you were expecting it to go in for those few weeks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)