+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t Monty’s o/t thread

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Mike,
    There hasn't been a threat of violence against anyone since the start of the season has there?
    Never said that there had been , since the start of the season. Let's hope that it lasts!

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Never said that there had been , since the start of the season. Let's hope that it lasts!

When the next time happens it will be part of an O/T thread

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It was removed as even in it's short life it had managed to describe the pro/anti O/T posters as morons or losers.

O/T posts are not banned or even frowned on unless they are opened with an agenda to simply wind up or go over ground that has been covered on here ad-infinitum. Examples of ones recently deleted include one carrying a 'hidden' message to Free Tommy Robinson and another one paying homage to a real/fictitious, dead/alive, racehorse/poster.

To quote Monty, the absurd, the jocular and the off-beat posts are largely a thing of the past. There is no need for them to be.

Feel free to start a thread O/T Any posters on here from 'wherever'
    I am quite relaxed that the thread was deleted. It was trying to make a genuine point but I did have reservations about how it might be interpreted.

However, I do strongly object to Cam's post and ask him to withdraw it on two counts.

Firstly, it looks as if my OP referred to "morons". It did not.

Secondly, Cam has (deliberately?) taken my use of "losers" out of context. I referred specifically to a vote on MM in which their were "losers". I was not suggesting in any way that any group on here were "losers" in the wider sense.

If mods are going to delete posts they have a responsibility to give a fair appraisal of the thing. Cam's is not fair in this instance and frankly his comments are outrageous.

As for the thread "paying homage" again Cam's well out of order. I heard from an old poster on here of impeccable credentials that another poster was very ill. He did not respond to PMs so I put an OT thread up asking if I could be of any help.

Cam, you're not a bad bloke but power is definitely corrupting your judgement imo.

Spot on work ops. Plenty of room for O/Ts without agendas for anyone wanting such debates.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Spot on work ops. Plenty of room for O/Ts without agendas for anyone wanting such debates.
    Dear me, the usual suspects flood in to score points behind the mods' lead.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Can’t see it anymore, it was interesting as I believe he may be from the same neck of the woods as me. Monty?
    Sota, mon ami, Ridgeway 1952-1963, Kilnhurst 1963-1964, Greasbrough Road Rotherham 1964-1970.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    It wasn't even remotely interesting.

It needed the chop, and so does this thread.
    Oh dear me again. This site is alarmingly predictable. I have a bit of a go at naked on the RUFC Hall of Fame thread and at his first opportinity he posts this. How fragile is the ego.

The answer to your problem lies there dunt it. Don't have a "bit of a go", be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Dear me, the usual suspects flood in to score points behind the mods' lead.
    I just like the mod's intention to promote a friendly, welcoming site whilst also having room for genuinely interesting O/T posts, as opposed to individuals shoving their political agendas down our throats in repeated threads...

Is all.

I saw the thread and Monty definitely put it on for the bite.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast