+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: o/t Monty’s o/t thread

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    The two or three posters who latch on to them to obsessively repeat their beliefs are you, roly and mike.
    In that case , I refer you back to post #7

If you weren't talking about me please explain your comment "You weren't troubled...etc". So even though you were responding to a comment by me your "you" did not mean me but some hypothetical poster? Hm. The two or three posters who latch on to them to obsessively repeat their beliefs are you, roly and mike. The latter two are morphing into Tweedledum and Tweedledee for as one authority on Alice pointed out: "The Tweedle brothers never contradict each other...rather they complement each other's words...they are enantiomorphs - three dimensional mirror images."
    Monty, that was a question to you: “You weren’t troubled by the…” comment? How does that imply that you either contributed or approved of that thread comment? I simply invited you to comment on whether such a comment troubled you? Glad to hear that you wouldn’t condone such a point of view (if you had seen it).

But the fact remains that:

1. This view was expressed on that thread

2. Similar offensive points of view have been posted on other threads started by the same poster

I agree with the mods and some other posters on here – that IBS’s posts are deliberately created in the main to either be simple wind ups or to promote his own political beliefs. Either way, I think the mods are right to cut them if they veer into offensive or abusive posts. That’s my opinion – you’ve got yours. The mods have to weigh up the view points as well as weigh up the kind of board that they want to be involved with, and make their call as to what to accept or not on here. We can always choose to go elsewhere if we don’t like it.

I repeat, again, I do not like censorship. I am happy to read and take part in so called ‘controversial’ themes. I even recall you once saying that many left wingers would very much disagree with some of my opinions on banning faith schools etc. Interesting debate and I enjoyed your input. If I’d wanted such debates banned I would have said so then. But, and this is crucial as you are clearly struggling to grasp what I’m trying to say: I don’t think that our tolerance for a wide range of debate issues should extend to repeated threads aimed at deliberately provoking the same political issue on a community football message board.

For your info I deliberately kept out of the recent ‘town centre’ thread until a poster unfairly distorted what Wanchai was saying. Some posters contributed good, interesting threads on the town centre, but you could see when the post arrived where a couple of posters were going to take it. And inevitably it happened.

I am quite relaxed that the thread was deleted. It was trying to make a genuine point but I did have reservations about how it might be interpreted.

However, I do strongly object to Cam's post and ask him to withdraw it on two counts.

Firstly, it looks as if my OP referred to "morons". It did not.

Secondly, Cam has (deliberately?) taken my use of "losers" out of context. I referred specifically to a vote on MM in which their were "losers". I was not suggesting in any way that any group on here were "losers" in the wider sense.

If mods are going to delete posts they have a responsibility to give a fair appraisal of the thing. Cam's is not fair in this instance and frankly his comments are outrageous.

As for the thread "paying homage" again Cam's well out of order. I heard from an old poster on here of impeccable credentials that another poster was very ill. He did not respond to PMs so I put an OT thread up asking if I could be of any help.

Cam, you're not a bad bloke but power is definitely corrupting your judgement imo.
    I said the thread was removed because in the space of a few replies it had degenerated, I never mentioned your name with respect to the moron reference. As for your "losers" reference, with it not being a direct quote of anyone the inference is that the inverted commas are being used for emphasis of the word, otherwise why not just say 'we held a poll and the losers......'?

On the subject of the Zilzal post, why would you be offering solace to someone you have oft implied is an imaginary poster with what could be an imaginary illness? Unless it was to stir up the childish debate it resulted in with Anastasia crawling out of his Crabapple to propose his ritual outrage when anyone commented on his best mate, the one he'd pronounced dead two years ago.

As for the power comment, I agree, after all no self respecting neo-Nazi would have it any other way.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345