+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: o/t Monty’s o/t thread

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I saw the thread and Monty definitely put it on for the bite.
    If kerr was here he would point out to you that your post fails the "natural justice" test on about 3 counts. I stand by the gist of the post. OT threads have fallen dramatically and I do feel some posters now feel intimidated. As for raving's personal view on "genuinely interesting" well it's all in the eye of the beholder. I found the Towell 17 shirt thread ridiculous but I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    It wasn't even remotely interesting.

It needed the chop, and so does this thread.
    Now, now Tom

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Now, now Tom
    It's OK gm, naked is simply upset that I pointed out he was not behaving like a genuine new poster and that his posts bore similarities to certain other posters. He too k the hump and hence this reaction. C'est la vie.

At least the Towell thread was millers related Monty whatever its shortcomings.Don't agree about the o/t topics being a thing of the past by the way there has been some great o/ t stuff about things eg on retro sweets/ rotherham characters etc, where a lot of posters have joined in and not felt intimidated when putting their views. The stuff you put on here pining for your old pal to come back is of no interest at all to 99% of the posters on here. You have to be honest and admit that at least. Its old hat isn't it? He'll be back soon no doubt so you can resume your conflab then.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-08-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    At least the Towell thread was millers related Monty whatever its shortcomings.Don't agree about the o/t topics being a thing of the past by the way there has been some great o/ t stuff about things eg on retro sweets/ rotherham characters etc, where a lot of posters have joined in and not felt intimidated when putting their views. The stuff you put on here pining for your old pal to come back is of no interest at all to 99% of the posters on here. You have to be honest and admit that at least. Its old hat isn't it? He'll be back soon no doubt so you can resume your conflab then.
    I think you should smoke something less strong, roly. My post didn't refer to bringing anyone back. The other post I put up was on an RUFC HOF which has generated some responses. The Towell post was as much to do with the Millers as anything IBS puts up. Admit it it was a bit naff.

Didn't get many posts admittedly so obviously people thought it was a bit old hat which is fair enough but wasn't a potentially offensive thread a la (sorry "au" Mike) IBS so I don't know how you compare them really.

By the way, some might take offence to you saying smoke something less strong but I am a pretty tolerant guy others might not be. Just a bit of gentle advice from your Uncle Roly.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-08-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Didn't get many posts admittedly but wasn't a potentially offensive post a la IBS so I don't know how you compare them really.
    You take the biscuit roly. Now you have introduced the test of "potentially offensive". Personally I saw nothing potentially offensive in IBS's thread on albums by The Jam or on the decline of Rotherham town centre. Your mate raving also sets himself up as arbiter of what is "genuinely interesting" for an OT post. You lads really see yourselves as nice and tolerant.

Can someone explain why on the RUFC Hall of Fame thread Millertop, Mike, Roly and Raving made no contribution whatsoever but on a thread where the mods express some criticism of another thread of mine these lads are all over it like a rash?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Can someone explain why on the RUFC Hall of Fame thread Millertop, Mike, Roly and Raving made no contribution whatsoever but on a thread where the mods express some criticism of another thread of mine these lads are all over it like a rash?
    Didn't know that we were supposed to comment on EVERY thread - LOL!
    I've got no strong feelings either way about RUFC Hall of Fame choices, although players/personalities that come to mind have already been mentioned on it. I've commented on several other threads recently if you care to check. I don't keep putting posts on here just to seek attention or cause controversy - unlike some posters
    Last edited by mikemiller; 21-08-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    You lads really see yourselves as nice and tolerant.
    I think we genuinely are though Monty. Not perfect but who is? Our hearts are in the right place as 99% of posters on here are. I think we would make the Warne good guy squad as the 99% would.

As regards being on here like a rash to have a go at you, I have had my boll acking from Frog for potentially upsetting Kerr and I have taken it on the chin. Frog was right. It was a bit naughty of me but I have moved on now and suggest you do the same.

Think the Rotherham Town Centre thing is a loaded question by IBS by the way and not only that it has been discussed and argued about before so didn't need bringing up again. The Tommy Robinson thing has also been done before by IBS and is just put on to
    provoke others. Not read his other stuff but I tend to try to steer clear of his threads now if I can for the sake of harmony.

Not one for banning posters but I do think there would be more harmony on here without IBS.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-08-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast