+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: o/t Monty’s o/t thread

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Didn't know that we were supposed to comment on EVERY thread - LOL!
    I've got no strong feelings either way about RUFC Hall of Fame choices, although players/personalities that come to mind have already been mentioned on it. I've commented on several other threads recently if you care to check. I don't keep putting posts on here just to seek attention or cause controversy - unlike some posters
    Never said you did Mike. But btw in the last two years you have listed more than three times as many threads as I have.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I think we genuinely are though Monty. I think we would make the Warne good guy squad.

As regards being on here like a rash to have a go at you, I have had my boll acking from Frog for potentially upsetting Kerr and I have taken it on the chin. Frog was right. It was a bit naughty of me but I have moved on now and suggest you do the same.

Think the Rotherham Town Centre thing is a loaded question by IBS by the way and not only that it has been discussed and argued about before so didn't need bringing up again. The Tommy Robinson thing has also been done before by IBS and is just put on to provoke others. Not read his other stuff but I tend to try to steer clear of his threads now if I can for the sake of harmony.
    Roly, I can't be rrsed to check but I'm pretty sure the Rotherham town centre thread attracted well over 50 replies. What gives you the right to censor potential topics. As I have said - and know from chats with other Millers to be true - you and the other moral majority lads on here have scared people off from posting anything you might find "potentially offensive." You and Mike are like Tweedledee and Tweedledum btw.

Yep a lot of it bitter stuff though which is the idea from the original poster in the first place. And we aint mods so we have no power to censor any topics.We can only put our view as you equally can.To be fair to Frog and Camiller, I think they are trying to get as straight down the middle as they can. I might argue they are not left enough but I respect the fact that they have to be seen to having no political bias.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Never said you did Mike. But btw in the last two years you have listed more than three times as many threads as I have.
    If true, (can't be bothered to check), it's probably because I haven't "banned myself" for prolonged periods of time
    Last edited by mikemiller; 21-08-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    If true, (can't be bothered to check), it's probably because I haven't "banned myself" for prolonged periods of time
    Shame.

You take the biscuit roly. Now you have introduced the test of "potentially offensive". Personally I saw nothing potentially offensive in IBS's thread on albums by The Jam or on the decline of Rotherham town centre. Your mate raving also sets himself up as arbiter of what is "genuinely interesting" for an OT post. You lads really see yourselves as nice and tolerant.
    You weren't troubled by the comment from one poster which, when the conversation was directed as usual against the Asian community, asked us if we were aware of "the way some of em breed"If you're happy that such sentiments can be expressed in this way on our footy message board then we'll have to agree to disagree.

For the record, again, I have no problem with even contentious issues being debated on here, including religious/race issues. What I object to is repeated posts re-igniting the same political debate and viewpoints that become hostile and in my opinion give us footy fans a bad name. After all, it is just 2 or 3 people with extremely passionate political views that want to keep expressing them. I would feel exactly the same if a Corbyn-ite kept repeating posts on here, treading the same grounds, to try and 'spread the word'.

I said "genuinely interesting" o/t posts to mean new themes/issues that are all around us in the world. I agree that IBS posts provoke a lot of posts, but most of it is from the same posters (for and against) and usually repeating previously held and unchangable viewpoints. How is that interesting? Find a suitable political board elsewhere if you're obsessive...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    You weren't troubled by the comment from one poster which, when the conversation was directed as usual against the Asian community, asked us if we were aware of "the way some of em breed"If you're happy that such sentiments can be expressed in this way on our footy message board then we'll have to agree to disagree.

For the record, again, I have no problem with even contentious issues being debated on here, including religious/race issues. What I object to is repeated posts re-igniting the same political debate and viewpoints that become hostile and in my opinion give us footy fans a bad name. After all, it is just 2 or 3 people with extremely passionate political views that want to keep expressing them. I would feel exactly the same if a Corbyn-ite kept repeating posts on here, treading the same grounds, to try and 'spread the word'.

I said "genuinely interesting" o/t posts to mean new themes/issues that are all around us in the world. I agree that IBS posts provoke a lot of posts, but most of it is from the same posters (for and against) and usually repeating previously held and unchangable viewpoints. How is that interesting? Find a suitable political board elsewhere if you're obsessive...
    I am beginning to think you are genuinely bonkers. I have never seen a comment on here about "the way some of them breed" and have certainly never supported such sentiments. I can't for the life of me see where I am supposed to be obsessively repeating any political sentiments whatsoever. I made my views both on immigration and Islam perfectly clear a long time ago. Since then I have not (so far as I can remember) joined in any threads on the topic. I have stated that you, roly and Mike are not the tolerant group you pretend to be but are viciously intolerant of any other views and constantly seek to have certain other posters banned or stifled.

I am beginning to think you are genuinely bonkers. I have never seen a comment on here about "the way some of them breed" and have certainly never supported such sentiments. I can't for the life of me see where I am supposed to be obsessively repeating any political sentiments whatsoever. I made my views both on immigration and Islam perfectly clear a long time ago. Since then I have not (so far as I can remember) joined in any threads on the topic. I have stated that you, roly and Mike are not the tolerant group you pretend to be but are viciously intolerant of any other views and constantly seek to have certain other posters banned or stifled.
    That comment was quickly deleted by the mods.

I'm not talking about you personally here Monty. It's not all about you you know! I'm talking about the person who puts the posts up and the 2 or 3 posters who quickly latch onto them to repeat their beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    That comment was quickly deleted by the mods.

I'm not talking about you personally here Monty. It's not all about you you know! I'm talking about the person who puts the posts up and the 2 or 3 posters who quickly latch onto them to repeat their beliefs.
    If you weren't talking about me please explain your comment "You weren't troubled...etc". So even though you were responding to a comment by me your "you" did not mean me but some hypothetical poster? Hm. The two or three posters who latch on to them to obsessively repeat their beliefs are you, roly and mike. The latter two are morphing into Tweedledum and Tweedledee for as one authority on Alice pointed out: "The Tweedle brothers never contradict each other...rather they complement each other's words...they are enantiomorphs - three dimensional mirror images."

Can't see where I, I won't say mikemiller and let him speak for himself for your benefit, have repeated my beliefs on this thread. All I have tried to say, in a nutshell, is that i support what the mods are doing on here to try to keep some some sort of order. My message to you is to do the same. Nobody is saying political threads should be banned and I know the mods have not said this.

You have a bee in your bonnet about this and I don't seriously know why. Nobody else seems bothered not even any of your pals on here.

The fact is the mods are obviously laying down ground rules which apply to us ALL whether we like em or not. I have had my b ollocking and have taken it like a man. I suggest you do the same.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast