+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t Monty’s o/t thread

o/t Monty’s o/t thread

Can’t see it anymore, it was interesting as I believe he may be from the same neck of the woods as me. Monty?

It was removed as even in it's short life it had managed to describe the pro/anti O/T posters as morons or losers.

O/T posts are not banned or even frowned on unless they are opened with an agenda to simply wind up or go over ground that has been covered on here ad-infinitum. Examples of ones recently deleted include one carrying a 'hidden' message to Free Tommy Robinson and another one paying homage to a real/fictitious, dead/alive, racehorse/poster.

To quote Monty, the absurd, the jocular and the off-beat posts are largely a thing of the past. There is no need for them to be.

Feel free to start a thread O/T Any posters on here from 'wherever'
    Last edited by CAMiller; 20-08-2018 at 04:17 AM.

Blimey CA. Is that a b@ll@cking? Sorry ;-)

It's a fine line isn't it? Without seeing Monty's post it's hard to judge. I have a natural dislike of censorship even if I hate what is being said. Having said that some stuff on here has been extreme at times, though I suppose I just stop reading it if it annoys me. Personally I quite like Monty's contributions even if I don't always agree with them.

Think you and frog are on the right lines with this camiller. It makes the site much better.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It was removed as even in it's short life it had managed to describe the pro/anti O/T posters as morons or losers.

O/T posts are not banned or even frowned on unless they are opened with an agenda to simply wind up or go over ground that has been covered on here ad-infinitum. Examples of ones recently deleted include one carrying a 'hidden' message to Free Tommy Robinson and another one paying homage to a real/fictitious, dead/alive, racehorse/poster.

To quote Monty, the absurd, the jocular and the off-beat posts are largely a thing of the past. There is no need for them to be.

Feel free to start a thread O/T Any posters on here from 'wherever'
    Correct call Cam

Some of the stuff that gets put on here must be only to wind people up or seek attention, and is nothing to do with football. Most of it probably comes from just one poster under various names, new names appearing when the previous ones get banned.
    Sometimes the posts are abusive, and occasionally posters have been threatened with violence too. I hope that the mods will continue to remove those threads and ban those responsible where necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Can’t see it anymore, it was interesting as I believe he may be from the same neck of the woods as me. Monty?
    It wasn't even remotely interesting.

It needed the chop, and so does this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    It wasn't even remotely interesting.

It needed the chop, and so does this thread.
    Let's face it nakedtruth. There are two moderators trying to make this place a friendlier place to come on and post.

How someone asking a question with the clear intent of getting to know another MM member can upset you enough to respond in such a way is completely baffling to me.
    No need for it!

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Some of the stuff that gets put on here must be only to wind people up or seek attention, and is nothing to do with football. Most of it probably comes from just one poster under various names, new names appearing when the previous ones get banned.
    Sometimes the posts are abusive, and occasionally posters have been threatened with violence too. I hope that the mods will continue to remove those threads and ban those responsible where necessary.
    Mike,
    There hasn't been a threat of violence against anyone since the start of the season has there?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast