+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Nufc shirt.when you buy oñe

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    The biggest disgrace is the big transfer fees as it stands.
    I'm sure we'll break a record if the right player comes along...but we all have to remember that bigger transfer fees equal much bigger wages which will inevitably create a knock on effect that we will soon be unable to sustain if we don't start winning stuff.

To do that means to compete with the elites with many contingency plans in case we inevitable struggle to do that.

We are easily keeping up with the Southampton's and the Brighton's. Take a look at the league last season.

We have one. He's a loan but could easily be that 17 million striker.
    We also had a £22/27 million one that we let go.

Of that you do not know. It's speculation, right?

11 years of bile and hatred by some fans and the media, plus certain MP's...etc. I don't think he's panicking one little bit.
    I think he'll do what he decides he thinks is required.

If he's sneaking out money then it has to be proved.
    Do you have any proof?
    Like it or not it’s market forces. We don’t have a £17m striker he is West Brom’s. Just like saying we had one last season Slimani but he was Leicester’s I think he cost £29m wasn’t he?

I meant in the transfer market re Southampton et al. We are nowhere near spending the fees to progress the squad that they are, we’re led to believe we are skint after getting £125m for 10th and bringing in over £40m in transfers out + sponsor money, TV money for 5/6 games on TV befor me November.

Like many I believe there is something happening with the clubs finances yes, it appears they are being shifted around his companies and the club shop may as well be SD - look what he was doing at Rangers.

Look at the way he treated his SD employees man it was a national disgrace and he did everything to blame others. Wait till he starts on the 50 something’s that have worked at H of F for 30 years and offers them 0 hour contracts at their new SD branch.

Ashley has brought the bile and hatred on himself. He is a proven liar along with some of his apologists. 2 relegations for no reason, in the black net spends for numerous seasons, not improving the training facilities 5 years after he agreed to I could go on. He’s a feckn cancerous leach that is stuck to our club and how any so called fan can agree with him I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Like it or not it’s market forces. We don’t have a £17m striker he is West Brom’s. Just like saying we had one last season Slimani but he was Leicester’s I think he cost £29m wasn’t he?

I meant in the transfer market re Southampton et al. We are nowhere near spending the fees to progress the squad that they are, we’re led to believe we are skint after getting £125m for 10th and bringing in over £40m in transfers out + sponsor money, TV money for 5/6 games on TV befor me November.

Like many I believe there is something happening with the clubs finances yes, it appears they are being shifted around his companies and the club shop may as well be SD - look what he was doing at Rangers.

Look at the way he treated his SD employees man it was a national disgrace and he did everything to blame others. Wait till he starts on the 50 something’s that have worked at H of F for 30 years and offers them 0 hour contracts at their new SD branch.

Ashley has brought the bile and hatred on himself. He is a proven liar along with some of his apologists. 2 relegations for no reason, in the black net spends for numerous seasons, not improving the training facilities 5 years after he agreed to I could go on. He’s a feckn cancerous leach that is stuck to our club and how any so called fan can agree with him I don’t know.
    Ya still at it I see..

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Ya still at it I see..
    So are you! 😂

I don't see where you asked that.
    What number post is it?
    I've looked but I must have missed it.
    Probably everyone else saw it. Convenient or unconvenient?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    It's all in the same thread and you moved the goalposts and said it wasn't about the time since Ashley came here.Anyway,why don't you answer it now.You can't deny the ambition here has gone downhill under Ashley.All he wants is survival.
    I'm not denying anything about ambition.
    Our last owners had ambition then tried to tread water.
    Ashley had ambition and messed it all up almost immediately, through a number of factors.

As for all he wants is survival. What exactly is survival?
    We finished 10th last season.
    We finished 5th one season and 10th, etc.
    We got relegated twice.

We came straight back up by winning the title twice.
    So what exactly is survival?

If you mean we can't seem to get into the champions league or appear to look like we have a chance of winning the premier league, then I agree, it's survival he's after.

However, there's a lot of teams in exactly the same boat who are merely trying to add more oars in order to paddle faster without realising they're paddling upstream against a strong current and yet they gain no ground.

Dodged the original questions again.Well done.
    We have been relegated 6 times in our history.Twice in 11 years.Thanks Mike your doing a cracking job.
    You are as good as his cronies who have wheeled themselves out lately.Dodge the questions asked for fear of the truth.Answer selectively and tell a pack of lies.
    I will ask again.Do you think that Bournemouth have improved in the time since Ashley came here after being in administration in that time and do you think Brighton and Huddersfield have improved in the same period after being in League 1 when Ashley came.
    Also how are we sound financially under Ashley as you stated we were.

I'm not denying anything about ambition.
    Our last owners had ambition then tried to tread water.
    Ashley had ambition and messed it all up almost immediately, through a number of factors.

As for all he wants is survival. What exactly is survival?
    We finished 10th last season.
    We finished 5th one season and 10th, etc.
    We got relegated twice.

We came straight back up by winning the title twice.
    So what exactly is survival?

If you mean we can't seem to get into the champions league or appear to look like we have a chance of winning the premier league, then I agree, it's survival he's after.

However, there's a lot of teams in exactly the same boat who are merely trying to add more oars in order to paddle faster without realising they're paddling upstream against a strong current and yet they gain no ground.
    So what do you reckon were the number of factors Ashley messed up on. And where has he shown ambition?

Like it or not it’s market forces. We don’t have a £17m striker he is West Brom’s.
    He's ours for a season at least, so theoretically he is that 17 million striker, regardless.

Just like saying we had one last season Slimani but he was Leicester’s I think he cost £29m wasn’t he?
    We had him for half a season and he was injured for the majority of it, so not really anything to use as a yardstick.

It doesn't matter what they spent. They are no better off than we are right now.
    The game should not be about having to spend this that and the other just because.
    It's about ensuring the right buys.
    Most clubs mess it up by percentage, including us, whether it's large fees or sensible fees.

But you don't know what the truth of it is, except that you follow a narrative, right?

Those employees have a choice. If they're so badly treated then they can walk away and find another job.
    If you think this isn't the norm as far as mass workforce is concerned then take a look at it all. It's not ideal by any stretch but to be honest it is what it is whether it's Ashley or a Sheikh.
    People do not accumulate money by being over generous without reward. Ashley is no different. He will do what is necessary like 99% of the super rich.

Ashley has brought the bile and hatred on himself.
    That's down to each individuals thought.
    I disagree but that's just me.

He is a proven liar along with some of his apologists.
    All people lie.
    All business people will lie their way through life, whether it's a big lie or many smaller one's.
    The proven liar adds nothing other than to reiterate what we all know about Ashley and business people in general.
    The world runs on lies.
    The only difference is in how those lies are portrayed in certain ways that try to place fake morals in front of them as some kind of justifiable shield.

2 relegations for no reason, in the black net spends for numerous seasons, not improving the training facilities 5 years after he agreed to I could go on.
    Correct. 2 relegations due to naivety and bad management/coaching....certainly nothing to do with lack of spending.
    We went down with the most expensively assembled squad, ever in the premier league.

He’s a feckn cancerous leach that is stuck to our club and how any so called fan can agree with him I don’t know.
    Agree with him about what?
    What's he saying that we know for sure?
    Are we hanging onto the " Rafa can have every penny the club generates" tag?

If so then there's two arguments to that side of the story in Ashley's and Rafa's favour.
    A classic catch 22 situation if you like.
    Or is there something else?

The reason I say it is because we rarely see Ashley say anything, in the main.

We went down with the most expensively assembled squad, ever in the premier league.(quote fom Ghost's previous post)

Can you justify that statement please.

Dodged the original questions again.Well done.
    Nope.

We have been relegated 6 times in our history.Twice in 11 years.Thanks Mike your doing a cracking job.
    Yep he was naive in allowing it to happen.
    He made some bad choices and also stayed loyal to McClaren for a tad too long.

You are as good as his cronies who have wheeled themselves out lately.Dodge the questions asked for fear of the truth.Answer selectively and tell a pack of lies.
    I don't fear the truth, I want the truth but to get to it I do not accept speculation as being that truth simply by masses following narratives.
    On the same note I cannot state anything as fact myself unless I know it's physically truthful.

All we can do is best guess on how we perceive things.
    I have my stance and you and others have theirs. Simple as that and we can all take the high ground if we wish, to fight a corner.

I will ask again.Do you think that Bournemouth have improved in the time since Ashley came here after being in administration in that time and do you think Brighton and Huddersfield have improved in the same period after being in League 1 when Ashley came.
    I answered the question premier wise...but seeing as you want to use the lower leagues for Bournemouth then I'll say yes.
    But also add this in.
    So have Newcastle United of you want to go down this route.

We got relegated and we had to improve.
    We won the title and got promoted = improvement.
    We then finished 10th = improvement.
    Can we better that this season?
    Who knows...but if we don't then we haven't improved further.

Fair enough?
    It's only fair if it's played your way.

Also how are we sound financially under Ashley as you stated we were.
    All our debts are inhouse, owed to Ashley...not owed to banks or whatever.
    That makes us sound in my book, because even in the event of a sale, the club becomes the possession of the new owner without debt owed...as it stands.

In fact it gets better for a new owner in terms of money owed in fees to the club for transfers out.

I'd say we are more than sound, financially.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)