+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nufc shirt.when you buy oñe

When you consider the astronomical amounts most other clubs make from shirt sales (we should be raking it in from Japan and Korea now) then realise that for each of our shirts sold, you could travel to the coast-one way- on the Metro and not have enough left for a bag of chips when you get there.

Seriously? What a disgrace.

"He's entitled to it", yes, but he's ruining our club.

So anyone wondering why we dont make much money on merch compared toother clubs .

No no no, he only gets a few grand from pitch side adverts iirc.

How much is he pocketing from the shirts and merchandise?
    Does anyone know, roughly?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth worrying about.
    I mean, will it buy a player if he gives this money up and if so, what calibre?

Buy 2nd hand Adidas shirts. Still lots about. Better quality and more style than Puma.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    How much is he pocketing from the shirts and merchandise?
    Does anyone know, roughly?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth worrying about.
    I mean, will it buy a player if he gives this money up and if so, what calibre?
    Course it's worth worrying about.

It's the principle of the matter.

Newcastle Utd official shop is being used as a branch of sports direct and it's taking money straight from the club. Doesn't matter if it is £1 pound or £1,000,000 it is club money that isn't going to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Course it's worth worrying about.

It's the principle of the matter.

Newcastle Utd official shop is being used as a branch of sports direct and it's taking money straight from the club. Doesn't matter if it is £1 pound or £1,000,000 it is club money that isn't going to the club.
    Do you have any idea how much a year he's ripping the club off for, or is it speculation?

Do you have any idea how much a year he's ripping the club off for, or is it speculation?
    Doesn't want to be the same speculation you base all your posts on.The Ashley propaganda speculation.The lies from within the club and as far away as bein sports.

I've no idea about numbers.

But the fact it's run as sports direct and they get the money means regardless of amount he's ripping the club off.

I know that legally he can do this etc. etc. but doesn't make it any less of a ripping off and the principle of draining club funds.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)