+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Nufc shirt.when you buy oņe

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    We went down with the most expensively assembled squad, ever in the premier league.(quote fom Ghost's previous post)

Can you justify that statement please.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...egation-watch/

Your Telegraph banner quotes "Newcastle United relegated: Rafa Benitez's team are most expensive Premier League flops ever"

Thus referring to relegated tams and not as you stated "the most expensively assembled squad, ever in the premier league"

Which is an entirely different thing i.e. how much are Chelsea's, Manure's, Citeh's, Arsenal's, Liverpool's or in fact almost anyone elses for that matter worth.

What you read and what you say are two entirely different things.

Your Telegraph banner quotes "Newcastle United relegated: Rafa Benitez's team are most expensive Premier League flops ever"

Thus referring to relegated tams and not as you stated "the most expensively assembled squad, ever in the premier league"

Which is an entirely different thing i.e. how much are Chelsea's, Manure's, Citeh's, Arsenal's, Liverpool's or in fact almost anyone elses for that matter worth.

What you read and what you say are two entirely different things.
    Ok no problem. I have no issue with making it plain...not that you really need it but fair enough.

We went down with the most expensively assembled squad ever to be relegated from the premier league.
    More clear for you?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Nope.

Yep he was naive in allowing it to happen.
    He made some bad choices and also stayed loyal to McClaren for a tad too long.

I don't fear the truth, I want the truth but to get to it I do not accept speculation as being that truth simply by masses following narratives.
    On the same note I cannot state anything as fact myself unless I know it's physically truthful.

All we can do is best guess on how we perceive things.
    I have my stance and you and others have theirs. Simple as that and we can all take the high ground if we wish, to fight a corner.

I answered the question premier wise...but seeing as you want to use the lower leagues for Bournemouth then I'll say yes.
    But also add this in.
    So have Newcastle United of you want to go down this route.

We got relegated and we had to improve.
    We won the title and got promoted = improvement.
    We then finished 10th = improvement.
    Can we better that this season?
    Who knows...but if we don't then we haven't improved further.

Fair enough?
    It's only fair if it's played your way.

All our debts are inhouse, owed to Ashley...not owed to banks or whatever.
    That makes us sound in my book, because even in the event of a sale, the club becomes the possession of the new owner without debt owed...as it stands.

In fact it gets better for a new owner in terms of money owed in fees to the club for transfers out.

I'd say we are more than sound, financially.
    I never mentioned Premier wise.I said improvement overall.Fans of all 3 clubs will tell you they have improved significantly in the last 10 years.But your answer is as good as I will get.
    Also the debts are all in house to Ashley.Who says so.Ashley and Charnley?Must be true then.
    At Keegans tribunal the club admitted to intentionally lying and misleading the press and supporters of Newcastle United.They have form.
    The debt was 76m when he came.He said so.The debt to him now stands at 144m.With all the money coming into the game do you have an answer to how this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Ok no problem. I have no issue with making it plain...not that you really need it but fair enough.

We went down with the most expensively assembled squad ever to be relegated from the premier league.
    More clear for you?
    Yes obviously as I pointed out to you that you had CONVENIENTLY OMITTED relegated from your original post.

The apple hasn't fallen far from the tree has it.

In fact it gets better for a new owner in terms of money owed in fees to the club for transfers out.(quote)from Ghost's post 54.

If you think for one moment that the greedy fat slug won't factor in the outstanding fees due on older transfers and add the charge on to the asking price then you are more naive than I thought you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    I never mentioned Premier wise.I said improvement overall.Fans of all 3 clubs will tell you they have improved significantly in the last 10 years.But your answer is as good as I will get.
    My answer is a fair answer.

Also the debts are all in house to Ashley.Who says so.Ashley and Charnley?Must be true then.
    Unless you know who we owe money to outside of the club, then I'll just accept it for what it appears to be.

At Keegans tribunal the club admitted to intentionally lying and misleading the press and supporters of Newcastle United.They have form.
    Yep they have form.
    They're liars just like all business people who try to get their own way. It's nothing new and certainly nothing new to Newcastle United throughout history....not any other club, business or whatever.
    Fair enough?

The debt was 76m when he came.He said so.The debt to him now stands at 144m.With all the money coming into the game do you have an answer to how this is possible.
    If you can show me something that proves this then I'll accept it if there's nothing to counter it.

In fact it gets better for a new owner in terms of money owed in fees to the club for transfers out.(quote)from Ghost's post 54.

If you think for one moment that the greedy fat slug won't factor in the outstanding fees due on older transfers and add the charge on to the asking price then you are more naive than I thought you were.
    I honestly don't know what he'll do.
    He might ask for 1 billion and then add in X amount of millions he says he's owed on top.
    He might simply ask for 400 million and sell the club lock stock and barrel from that point, with everything factored into that price and as to why the price is what it is.
    He might not even sell.

Who really knows....but I'll hazard a guess that it'll be the latter two scenarios rather than the first.
    No facts here just guessing games based on how we all perceive it.

Ashley said he inherited a debt of 76m when he came in as he failed to do due dilligence.Last year's accounts said we owe him 144m.The 76m he inherited was the starting point of the original "loan".

Ashley said he inherited a debt of 76m when he came in as he failed to do due dilligence.Last year's accounts said we owe him 144m.The 76m he inherited was the starting point of the original "loan".
    Can you show me evidence of the debt only being 76 million?
    Did he not have to loan the club money from his own pocket on top of other debt?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)