+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saddest possible news. R.I.P. Jimmy.

Saddest possible news. R.I.P. Jimmy.

Up until 1963 I lived in the area and from about 1955 until 1963 I was a regular supporter and I can clearly remember a lot of the games.I loved it when he went to the corner flag,drew 2 players to him and then left them standing.A very sad day for the Club and his family.R.I.P.

A true legend who leaves many happy memories of his time at the Turf. A true gentleman and very modest.

What awful news to start the week.

Thank you for all the fantastic memories Jimmy - a genuine legend.

Now you can have a kickabout with George Best - and show him a thing or two

Best wishes to his family - be proud and strong.

RIP Jimmy

....Really sad news.
    While he was before my time, I have never heard a bad word about him. And by all accounts he was a fantastic player. My Dad and Grandad (not Burnley fans) would often go on games at Turf just to see players like him, in a great Burnley side. We lost a good one here.
    Best wishes from everyone at Rovers. X

ah, sorry I should have checked before posting. I didn't see this. Apologies I have put one on aswell.
    Really sad news, a true great. RIP

Thanks champs. Appreciated.

A very sad day indeed. A truly great player who I was lucky to watch right through all his time at Burnley. He was just a joy to watch and his reputation was well earned. A true Burnley legend and a gentleman. My thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.
    R.I.P. Jimmy and thanks for some wonderful memories.

Thank You Champs.

R.I.P. Mac.

Ahhhh....Jimmy Mcllroy,now that name brings back memories from my past
    When I started to take more interest in League football rather than my local Arnold FC my next door neighbour would talk about him as though he was better than Best,this being in the 70's and my neighbour was getting on a bit I always thought that he was talking about Sammy Mcllroy,I've no idea why he liked him so much as he was Irish and never showed any interest in English football

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)