+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The measurement of someone or something from head to foot or from base to top

The measurement of someone or something from head to foot or from base to top

That's right, height, or in this case, the lack of it.

By my reckoning, we had only 2 outfield players who are over 6ft starting on Friday, Jones & Brisley, with Stead coming off the bench.

From the opening day against Colchetster we looked susceptible to crosses, not just the full backs not stopping them but actually defending them once in the box.
    Set pieces, offensive or defensive, we look poor, look at Yeovils 4th goal on Friday.

So, when we are looking for new players to come in on loan, should we be looking for very tall ones?

They need to stack up to Big AH or show them the door? Unless they come from Man City or are called Kante.

Posted something similar on another thread, our lack of height is actually a worry, we can’t win a header at the back so always vulnerable defending set pieces in particular, also, we continue to pointlessly cross balls into the box with little or no hope of anyone connecting. Mind you we don’t seem to be able to defend a cross on the floor either!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Posted something similar on another thread, our lack of height is actually a worry, we can’t win a header at the back so always vulnerable defending set pieces in particular, also, we continue to pointlessly cross balls into the box with little or no hope of anyone connecting. Mind you we don’t seem to be able to defend a cross on the floor either!
    We don't seem to be able to defend at all full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    That's right, height, or in this case, the lack of it.

By my reckoning, we had only 2 outfield players who are over 6ft starting on Friday, Jones & Brisley, with Stead coming off the bench.

From the opening day against Colchetster we looked susceptible to crosses, not just the full backs not stopping them but actually defending them once in the box.
    Set pieces, offensive or defensive, we look poor, look at Yeovils 4th goal on Friday.

So, when we are looking for new players to come in on loan, should we be looking for very tall ones?
    Are you suggesting that we've got a team of dwarfs?

Well I spotted I spotted Sleepy and Dopey in our back four - and plenty of Grumpy in the stands - but where were Lazy, Dogmeat, Sh!te and Ragdoll?

As I said, weak from crosses.