+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minibus to Away Games?

Minibus to Away Games?

Hello Fellow Baggies,

Wondering if anybody could help please. does anybody know anyone that arranges a minibus to away games etc? Train prices are currently too expensive for Preston and 3-4 of us do not want to go on coach as you can not drink on them.

thank you for your help

HI Tipton ,welcome to the forum. Don't know anyone who uses minibus for away games, in the old days we used hire a Transit van.
    There is someone who hires a coach to every away game and they stop for a drink on the way and coming back. But i can't remember his name, maybe someone here can remember. He has been doing it for years.

Try Gareth Barry taxis.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Try Gareth Barry taxis.
    Like 🤣

But they only go to to McDonald’s

train is just too expensive to be honest and one coach near me stops off for a drink but does not allow alcohol on the coach so wondering if anyone knew of a minibus that is organised to away games.

any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TiptonBaggie1234 View Post
    train is just too expensive to be honest and one coach near me stops off for a drink but does not allow alcohol on the coach so wondering if anyone knew of a minibus that is organised to away games.

any help appreciated.
    Sorry fella, can't help with mini bus details.

Used to go to games with pals via mini bus years back but most of them drifted away from games as family commitments took over.

I do most away games via un official coaches and stop off for beers en route along the lines you've already posted, that or catch the train.

Checked for train tickets online yesterday and the cheapest was £17 return from B'ham New St to Preston via Train Lines' Best Fare Finder (link provided).

https://www.thetrainline.com/farefinder/

Early start and late finish but a bit more in your pocket for a few tots.

I often buy singles and break journeys with short stop offs as it can prove cheaper than straight returns.

https://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets

Please Note:

Given that drinking on coaches is wrongly classed as an offence by the boys in blue you'll be hard pressed to find anyone daft enough to pass on details of a 'drinking coach' to a complete stranger over the internet .

All the best with your search for a mini bus though chap.

Try megabus, you can get good prices on there and I suppose you can drink on there.

great,

thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Try megabus, you can get good prices on there and I suppose you can drink on there.
    Hello BB.

Looked Megabus up too and it's £14.50 return. Only drawback being he'd have to leave Brum' at 02:35 hrs for a 06:00 hrs arrival in Preston and head back at 15:45 hrs if returning on the same day. They can be very sniffy about beers too which is another reason why I didn't mention it.

Looked into using Megabus for the Aberdeen friendly. It was cheap as chips but I was put off by the insanely early start and near twenty hour round trip .

Let the train take the strain whenever time and budget allow .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)