+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great start, but need for recruits clear

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Phillips is total garbage berardi is just not good enough the macedonian alioski is worse than sacko and we know how good he is.
    I would play ayling and cooper together and the young fellow that played right back needs to stay looks super.
    Midfield once forshaw is right phillips shouldnt even be on the list. I was so happy that when i seen phillips taken off and said to my self finally someone that can see things. The keeper is young and raw and his positioning tells it all
    Harrison looks ok and should be given games to improve and replace alioski.
    And I thought I could be negative!

Suggesting that Berardi is "just not good enough" when he has been played out of position for just about the whole of his time at Leeds is not just unfair criticism, but taken to its conclusion would suggest we get rid of one of the few players who have actually turned up and done a shift every time they have played (and on most occasions acquitted themselves at the very least reasonably!).

And "Alioski worse than Sacko"?????? Clearly the air in Oz does something strange to the brain if thats a genuine comment. How many assist/goals did Sacko contribute in his 47 appearances? 3. Alioski in 45? 7. At the very least he is a threat to the opposition if used in the right position and teamed up with Saiz, Sacko was a threat only to the corner flag and the stewards on the sideline who might get run over when he ran out of field to run on. "Worse than Sacko"!!!!! Delusional.

As for Philips, he was garbage last night, but not against Stoke or Derby, so why not just back off a little and see what happens against Norwich (if Bielsa plays him)?

(And breathe some quality air, with some good old northern hemisphere pollution in it! )

Must be different air to where I am...

Villa equalised with 15 seconds to go against Brentford which keeps them both behind us too.

I would be looking at 2 CB's before the window shuts..just to be on the safe side..think we can cope with the midfield and upfront options.

Just my opinion and hopefully no offence has been caused

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And I thought I could be negative!

Suggesting that Berardi is "just not good enough" when he has been played out of position for just about the whole of his time at Leeds is not just unfair criticism, but taken to its conclusion would suggest we get rid of one of the few players who have actually turned up and done a shift every time they have played (and on most occasions acquitted themselves at the very least reasonably!).

And "Alioski worse than Sacko"?????? Clearly the air in Oz does something strange to the brain if thats a genuine comment. How many assist/goals did Sacko contribute in his 47 appearances? 3. Alioski in 45? 7. At the very least he is a threat to the opposition if used in the right position and teamed up with Saiz, Sacko was a threat only to the corner flag and the stewards on the sideline who might get run over when he ran out of field to run on. "Worse than Sacko"!!!!! Delusional.

As for Philips, he was garbage last night, but not against Stoke or Derby, so why not just back off a little and see what happens against Norwich (if Bielsa plays him)?

(And breathe some quality air, with some good old northern hemisphere pollution in it! )
    Thats right WTF berardi is only one that you can count on every week to put in a shift but he isn't super. Everyone bags Cooper and he does exactly the same things as berardi. I recall berardi himself saying that he isn't good enough and does't know how he keeps getting games. Belsia isn't silly he has seen enough from both phillips and alliosky. Why not talk about positives and the young fellow whom created a goal and nearly scored himself. Looked super quick and livelly and i can only recall him making one little mistake.
    Anyway good start to the season may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    I would be looking at 2 CB's before the window shuts..just to be on the safe side..think we can cope with the midfield and upfront options.

Just my opinion and hopefully no offence has been caused
    Seems we turned down a £10m offer for Pontus from Krasnodor - a Russian premier league team.
    But with Coops out for up to a month it's ***** we get Jansson fit and playing and a couple of back ups onboard asap.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Thats right WTF berardi is only one that you can count on every week to put in a shift but he isn't super. Everyone bags Cooper and he does exactly the same things as berardi. I recall berardi himself saying that he isn't good enough and does't know how he keeps getting games. Belsia isn't silly he has seen enough from both phillips and alliosky. Why not talk about positives and the young fellow whom created a goal and nearly scored himself. Looked super quick and livelly and i can only recall him making one little mistake.
    Anyway good start to the season may it continue.
    Shackleton

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)