+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U23's

U23's

Here we go again with the U23's playing a low level club losing 4-2 even with a couple of first teamers. If the players at this level are not getting on the first team bench at least then the set up should be scrapped and sack the scouts - it is simply not working. For the time being keep the U18;s but even they need to be examined. Not expecting world beaters but at least they should be able to compete.

What a great idea to get rid of the only chance some players have to regain fitness after injury or even to get 'match' fit.
    Today's team included 4 players who have recently been in the first team squad plus Vydra who is working his way to fitness plus quite a number of younger players.
    Their involvement in this league gives them all a chance to play competitive football instead of playing friendly matches which mean nothing. It is our second season playing at this level and it needs time to develop into a system which will give players a chance to show their worth.
    As a matter of interest, Lancaster, have you ever watched the Under 18 or Under 23 teams regualrly in the last few years?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    What a great idea to get rid of the only chance some players have to regain fitness after injury or even to get 'match' fit.
    Today's team included 4 players who have recently been in the first team squad plus Vydra who is working his way to fitness plus quite a number of younger players.
    Their involvement in this league gives them all a chance to play competitive football instead of playing friendly matches which mean nothing. It is our second season playing at this level and it needs time to develop into a system which will give players a chance to show their worth.
    As a matter of interest, Lancaster, have you ever watched the Under 18 or Under 23 teams regualrly in the last few years?
    Answer to your question is Yes - so your point is? I can tell you they are simply nowhere near good enough. If they aare not getting their chance by the time they are 18/19 they will not make it!

BURNLEY: Legzdins, Cropper, Perkins, Clarke, Koiki, McNeil, Goodridge, N’Guessan (Chakwna 74), Agyei (Bayode 65), Wells, Vydra.

Hardly cause to chuck the towel in Lancaster?

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Answer to your question is Yes - so your point is? I can tell you they are simply nowhere near good enough. If they aare not getting their chance by the time they are 18/19 they will not make it!
    If they are not getting a chance by the time they are 18/19 they will not make it. Interesting thought then about that statement is that almost all the clubs running Under 18 and Under 23 teams are wasting their time because I don't see many 18/19 year old players playing in the Premier League.
    All this wasted time and effort all built on pipe dreams.
    Yet there have been international players who were not even professional players at 20 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Further to the above, if you can judge all the players in our Under 18 and Under 23 teams as not being good enough from the games you watch regularly then may I suggest that you should be advising the club of this fact and tell them to scrap the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Further to the above, if you can judge all the players in our Under 18 and Under 23 teams as not being good enough from the games you watch regularly then may I suggest that you should be advising the club of this fact and tell them to scrap the whole thing.
    Maybe, After....Another Defeat?...

despite numerous attempts at bringing in young talent,....We still seem to be Burnley, !!!.....No Ambition, No going forward,...NO BLOODY NOTHING,....,
    That is a problem,....The Board are Happy, with their new Rolls and live the life!! Whilst our dry powder is blowing away....

Just my opinion ,
    The Board should be doing a Hell of a lot more,..But choose not too!!,...

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Maybe, After....Another Defeat?...

despite numerous attempts at bringing in young talent,....We still seem to be Burnley, !!!.....No Ambition, No going forward,...NO BLOODY NOTHING,....,
    That is a problem,....The Board are Happy, with their new Rolls and live the life!! Whilst our dry powder is blowing away....

Just my opinion ,
    The Board should be doing a Hell of a lot more,..But choose not too!!,...
    My dearly departed Ma used to remind me when I got all impatient and daft that Rome was not built in a day (or even three seasons in the English Premier League).

Another disaster for the Under 23s today after inflicting the first defeat on Crystal Palace by 2-1 behind closed doors at the Turf.
    Vydra played for 60 minutes and I notice that McNeill also played for the same amount of time so I am wondering if both could be on the bench on Thursday.
    In spite of being beaten by Coventry, this now means that we have won two out of three in a League which consists of 20 teams, which are split into north and south, and are 1 point off the top because only Bolton have a 100% record but have only played two matches.

Shocking supersub6 it really is. Sack the Board. Dyche Out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)