+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swansea City - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread ***

Swansea City - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread ***

Graham Potter’s Swans are unbeaten in the Championship but our tipster fancies Marcelo Bielsa’s Whites to convincingly extend their winning streak

Swansea City host Leeds United in the Championship on Tuesday night with both sides looking to add to their unbeaten records.

The hosts have had a steady to their league campaign but are undertaking a re-building process, with various senior players leaving and youngsters coming into to the fold.

Leeds look more likely to win promotion this season and have played some sensational football thus far, scoring nine goals in three games whilst boasting the only 100 per cent record in the division.

Latest odds

Swansea are*15/8 (2.88)*outsiders to record a third win in the fourth game of their Championship campaign.

Leeds, who have blown away every opponent they have faced so far, are a very attractive*7/5 (2.40)*to maintain their 100% winning record.

Team News

Goalkeeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt could still be out with the injury he suffered against Preston, although, Erwin Mulder proved a capable deputy in the 0-0 draw at Birmingham.

Marcelo Bielsa has no injury issues to contend with, so he may name a starting eleven unchanged from the one that beat Rotherham 2-0.

Swansea might only be two points worse off than Leeds, but their performances have not been quite as convincing. They had to withstand significant pressure in victories over Sheffield United and Preston, then were very fortunate to leave Birmingham with a point.

We saw signs in the first half at St Andrews that, as Graham Potter is still implementing his ideas, the team can be caught out playing out from the back and while Blues lacked the quality to punish them, Leeds could be far more ruthless.

The Whites are*9/1 (10.0)*to score over 3.5 goals at the Liberty Stadium and given that this side simply does not know when to stop attacking, that could prove very good value.

MOT.

1 - 2 to the Leeds.

PS. I believe Pontus is out.

that description was possibly just meaning the starting 11, however pontus has a sore back

"Leeds, who have blown away every opponent they have faced so far" - not strictly true, we were quite lucky to not have been one or two behind at half time on Saturday, and Bolton could easily have won the 2nd half 2-0 rather than 1-0 last week. I'm not wanting to be negative, but some of the hyperbole flying around at the moment makes me very nervous.......

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    that description was possibly just meaning the starting 11, however pontus has a sore back
    I suspect he's had his arse kicked by Bielsa

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    "Leeds, who have blown away every opponent they have faced so far" - not strictly true, we were quite lucky to not have been one or two behind at half time on Saturday, and Bolton could easily have won the 2nd half 2-0 rather than 1-0 last week. I'm not wanting to be negative, but some of the hyperbole flying around at the moment makes me very nervous.......
    Tend to agree, I was very nervous at times on Saturday, a better team would have taken full advantage of some sloppy mistakes in the first half. No doubt the culprits have been fully informed of their errors :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Tend to agree, I was very nervous at times on Saturday, a better team would have taken full advantage of some sloppy mistakes in the first half. No doubt the culprits have been fully informed of their errors :-)
    Mistakes are an opportunity to learn, and we didn't suffer on Saturday as a result of those we made (nice to see BPF keeping a clean sheet and putting to the sword those who would have had him swapped for the Chelsea loanee).

Will tonight be "that" night, when we get a reality check? Maybe, it happens and it has to happen sometime. Not about being found out, just the law of averages, and it's more about how we respond WITHOUT making rash decisions about tactical changes (which I don't think Bielsa will be apt to do, thankfully), but then again, maybe none of that will be necessary and we come away with 3 points!

Peacock-Farrell, Ayling, Douglas, Cooper, Berardi, Phillips, Klich, Alioski, Hernandez, Saiz, Roofe

subs: Blackman, Shackleton, Bamford, Harrison, Shaughnessy, Baker, Pearce

Links anyone?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)