+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benitez

Benitez

Just as a thought experiment...

What would you do if you were in his shoes? Would you make a statement by resigning, would you see out the contract and not renew or would you sign a new contact with the hope that things will get better?

Personally, I'd stay for the rest of the season, but if buying players that will take us to another level isn't an option (which is isn't under Ashley), it simply isn't an interesting job, even if the club and the fans are great.

Uhe will honour his contract hopefully keeping us up and with his head held high knowing he did his very best with little to no backing whatsoever.knowing that he has left the club financially sound

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Uhe will honour his contract hopefully keeping us up and with his head held high knowing he did his very best with little to no backing whatsoever.knowing that he has left the club financially sound
    What would you do?

See the contract out,leave at the end and then lift the lid on the goings on at the club.Thats if he hasn't been forced into one of the slugs famous non-disclosure agreements within his contract.

He will honour his contract and walk away and won’t say anything about Jabba the Warehouse and his odious sidekick

He is too much of a professional to get drawn into a slagging match

I would have walked 30 seconds after the window closure. Fk the 6 million, You wouldn't need the money if you were him.

Would have said nothing - no need, timing would have said everything, reputation fully in tact and moved on.

Small time mentality from above when it comes to football would have been more than evident.

If I was Rafa, I'd see the final year of my contract out, knowing I'd done the best job I could having been given shitty resources. Then I'd leave with my pride and reputation intact, feeling sorry for the fans and thinking about what might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    If I was Rafa, I'd see the final year of my contract out, knowing I'd done the best job I could having been given shitty resources. Then I'd leave with my pride and reputation intact, feeling sorry for the fans and thinking about what might have been.
    Same.

Although my auto-biography would be a doozy

I said the above as being Rafa.

As a Newcastle fan, thats different. I'd have to be dragged from the dugout whatever the circumstances. But that wasn't the question I guess.

I would walk. Making a lengthy statement outlining exactly why i was leaving. Probably quoting much of keegans statement regarding the state of the club under Ashley.

Either way, once Rafa walks, we are royally phucked!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)