+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do the impossible...

Do the impossible...

Another thought experiment, albeit an unpleasant one...

Can you say something good about Ashley? One thing that you think he's done well as the owner of this club. I'm struggling, but if he sells the club soon I think that's up there with the best. Hiring Rafa comes to mind too, though I believe Charnley engineered that deal. Still, Ashley allowed it to happen in terms of providing the finances. Which he hasn't done since, mind.

Or maybe an easier one; what is the one thing about Rafa that annoys you the most, or the one thing that you disagree with him about the most? Last season I was pretty frustrated that when we weren't scoring goals, we didn't see more of Mitrovic. I don't really mind that he's gone as such, but Joselu and Gayle clearly weren't good enough, and Mitrovic was banging goals in at international level. IMO he should've had way more of a go. In that sense, I think Rafa takes few risks which overall has served us well, but sometimes I'm left wondering why eg. Joselu gets to play 90 minutes when there's nothing to lose by shaking things up a bit.

**** all good about mike Ashley .he's a parasite.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    **** all good about mike Ashley .he's a parasite.
    And Rafa?

He's a fat thieving lying slug.There.Said it without swearing.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    And Rafa?
    He can't take credit and doesn't deserve it !its like dreaming of owning a rolls Royce .then when you get it never washing it or polishing it or just crashing into everything on the road giving it no Fkin respect at all

A cretin of a man and I have no respect for him whatsoever

Ok, Hughie, I'll play along.

The 10 year deal was a good thing. But Ashley is a c*nt.

Rafa? I wish he'd be a bit more flexible in his approach to some games. I think there are some games where we could go at the opposition more and where we could play with a bit more of an attacking intent. Mind, that's what I'd like to see rather than what would necessarily work, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ok, Hughie, I'll play along.

Thanks, you're the only one so far

Agree with all your points too.

Damin you Hughie. This is a toughie.

Good about Ashley: signing Rafa.
    Bad about Rafa: not walking after the last window closure along with occasional stubborness with players and tactics.

That said, not enough good from Ashley to counterbalance the bad and not enough bad from Rafa to counterbalance the good.

All very obvious of course.

Very tough. . .

Good - signing Rafa and the funding we get to make sure we get promoted back to Prem (i know it's all for selfish reason but it is good, at a pinch).

Bad - Rafa is a bit inflexible with his tactics and subs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)