+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Newark Flowserve 4-1 Heanor Town (includes Notts v Yeovil)

O/T Newark Flowserve 4-1 Heanor Town (includes Notts v Yeovil)

Don't worry folks, your season will kickstart at Sincil Bank; you always do well there:

https://stickypalms.blogspot.com/201...anor-town.html

Cheers

Enjoyed this, GH. As an ex-Nooarker, who left town many moons ago, can I ask where the Flowserve play i.e. where's the ground in relation to the town centre?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Enjoyed this, GH. As an ex-Nooarker, who left town many moons ago, can I ask where the Flowserve play i.e. where's the ground in relation to the town centre?
    The bit that said "Flowserve's ground is a short drive away in New Balderton" makes me think it might be in the New Balderton area.

Flowserve is the former Worthington Simpsons. They always used to play at the factory sports fields off Hawton Lane, presumably, they still do. Notts Colts and 2nd XI used to pay cricket their occasionally, not sure if they still go. I've played football, cricket and bowls there over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The bit that said "Flowserve's ground is a short drive away in New Balderton" makes me think it might be in the New Balderton area.
    I was hoping for something more precise than that. If Pies4U is right, that's hardly what I would class as New Balderton. It could be at the Grove where Newark AC used to be based in my athletics days.

It was the factory sports fields off Hawton Lane. First time I've been, but presume it's where Worthington Simpson played back in the day. Excellent facility and certainly a club on the up.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I was hoping for something more precise than that. If Pies4U is right, that's hardly what I would class as New Balderton. It could be at the Grove where Newark AC used to be based in my athletics days.
    It still is the same ground as Simmo's used to play on. Used to be a good football pitch back in the old Notts Alliance days plus a good cricket pitch although that no longer used.

All the fine old sports grounds in Newark now a shambles of their former self. Elm Avenue ...., where back in the day Ransome and Marles played Midland League football and the cricket pitch where Derek Randall had his first game for Notts CC along with the town cricket ground on Kelham Road (split now by the by-pass) are absolutely rubbish to what they were.

The best cricket pitch in the Newark area is Balderton CC's Coronation Park ground if you discount Collingham as being too far out of town.