+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilder asked about new Blades book by Sinclair at Lane today.

Bit disingenuous Danny to describe me as "apparently' a former member of S2 when we'd engaged there a number of times with the same username I've always had,and secondly describing Footy/Bladesmad as 'kangaroo" when you've had dogs abuse on S2 on countless subjects on what you must clearly see as a far more appropriate location for your Pullitzer prize qualities.
    Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneofourown View Post
    Hi Sean, thanks for the interest in the book! To address some of your concerns; it isn’t Chris’s book, it’s not his autobiography and people have made that mistake, including Gary it seems. So when Gary asked Chris about ‘his book’, that was why he denied knowledge of it.

This book, Chris has full knowledge of. We discussed it after the Ipswich away game earlier in the season, and had several conversations about it since. We sat down for three lengthy interviews for the book; his lovely wife contributed pictures and his friends have ordered copies.

Re Herbert’s post, I understand the cynical view that it’s about making money but it isn’t. I’ll be lucky to have cleared minimum wage for the time it’s taken and if I don’t mind if I don’t. Without getting too personal, the stress of it all has taken its toll on me and my personal life but writing it also helped me with a few issues of my own, which was my desired outcome as well as charting two of the best years I’ve experienced at Bramall Lane so far.

Hope that clears things up a little. Any more questions, feel free to ask.
    My issue with it is the apparent personal opportunism combined with the timing and suitability of it. It's jumping the gun a bit in terms of the 'revolution' so I find the level of publicity a bit uncomfortable. Not that I'd discourage anyone from taking on something like this. Put the time and effort in, fair play. Some will buy it, no one's forced to.

I'm sure you've done a thorough job with it and I hope it has helped you with any personal issues. And from what I can gauge, it's going to sell pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Bit disingenuous Danny to describe me as "apparently' a former member of S2 when we'd engaged there a number of times with the same username I've always had,and secondly describing Footy/Bladesmad as 'kangaroo" when you've had dogs abuse on S2 on countless subjects on what you must clearly see as a far more appropriate location for your Pullitzer prize qualities.
    Shame.

I was told you were a former S2 member but didn’t know for sure, and kangaroo court seemed an apt metaphor. You don’t have to agree, that’s the beauty of opinions and sometimes the downside of the Internet
    No Pulitzer Prizes for me though... and I’m ok with that

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    My issue with it is the apparent personal opportunism combined with the timing and suitability of it. It's jumping the gun a bit in terms of the 'revolution' so I find the level of publicity a bit uncomfortable. Not that I'd discourage anyone from taking on something like this. Put the time and effort in, fair play. Some will buy it, no one's forced to.

I'm sure you've done a thorough job with it and I hope it has helped you with any personal issues. And from what I can gauge, it's going to sell pretty well.
    What do you mean by ‘personal opportunism’ may I ask? And your point about timing, I waited until the end of Wilder’s second season to finish a book about his two seasons in charge

Yea ok. I engaged with a couple of Danny 04 posters on S2 but what the hell. You did and do get dogs abuse on there mate which is why I was a tad miffed at you giving it the big one over one issue that I actually,along with others witnessed first hand as opposed to the constant harranging you got/get on S2 as a Star reporter. C'est la vie. Clearly you've bought into the ethos there and feel we're s c um.
    Still Blades though and have opinions every bit as valid as any on S2.
    Good luck with the book Danny,and as I posted above I really hope you're in a better place health wise. Let's hope we've got a boat load of good stuff to enjoy this season.

Yea ok. I engaged with a couple of Danny 04 posters on S2 but what the hell. You did and do get dogs abuse on there mate which is why I was a tad miffed at you giving it the big one over one issue that I actually,along with others witnessed first hand as opposed to the constant harranging you got/get on S2 as a Star reporter. C'est la vie. Clearly you've bought into the ethos there and feel we're s c um.
    Still Blades though and have opinions every bit as valid as any on S2.
    Good luck with the book Danny,and as I posted above I really hope you're in a better place health wise. Let's hope we've got a boat load of good stuff to enjoy this season.
    I’m not intelligent enough to remember usernames of posters on messageboards mate! No giving it any big one, I assure you - as I say I was told you used to post on there but I didn’t know. As for politics between messageboards, that’s not for me. All Blades after all.

What do you mean by ‘personal opportunism’ may I ask? And your point about timing, I waited until the end of Wilder’s second season to finish a book about his two seasons in charge
    The main thing about timing is that it was all during a time of uncertainty for the club, yet 'Wilder revolution' implies it's just the beginning. In that way I think it seemed a bit forced, which to me could indicate the personal opportunism (reputation and financial).

If it's just about the two seasons I think the 'Wilder revolution' title is a bit strong.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    The main thing about timing is that it was all during a time of uncertainty for the club, yet 'Wilder revolution' implies it's just the beginning. In that way I think it seemed a bit forced, which to me could indicate the personal opportunism (reputation and financial).

If it's just about the two seasons I think the 'Wilder revolution' title is a bit strong.
    It began in February when United were still in with a shot of the play-offs. The uncertainly in the summer had no bearing on it and if CW did walk away, I can’t say if it would have been released or not.
    If you believe doing work to keep the lights on and pay the mortgage is ‘opportunism’ then fair enough, but that’s an issue you’ll have with far more people than me.
    As you say, people had freedom of choice to buy it or not.

I’m not intelligent enough to remember usernames of posters on messageboards mate! No giving it any big one, I assure you - as I say I was told you used to post on there but I didn’t know. As for politics between messageboards, that’s not for me. All Blades after all.
    Sorry to press this.
    I quoted you when you said this site was a 'Kangaroo court' No ambiguity whatsoever.
    You've never denigrated S2 with a blanket statement even though you've been subject to widespread and prolonged criticisms and harrassment on there.
    Be honest.

Sorry to press this.
    I quoted you when you said this site was a 'Kangaroo court' No ambiguity whatsoever.
    You've never denigrated S2 with a blanket statement even though you've been subject to widespread and prolonged criticisms and harrassment on there.
    Be honest.
    All messageboards are kangaroo courts. S2 is exactly the same in my experience, as you refer to. Hope that helps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast