+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilder asked about new Blades book by Sinclair at Lane today.

Wilder asked about new Blades book by Sinclair at Lane today.

Nowt to to with me,not authorised by me.

Assume it's by Danny04 of S2 the hack that scribbles for The Stir.

Chrissy wasn't impressed.

Good. What did Wilder say exactly?

Danny's jumping on a bandwagon to try and make a few quid, under the 'honourable' guise of producing something to mark a 'revolution' that has probably already peaked. I can see exactly why Wilder would be uncomfortable with it.

It's got far more publicity than it deserves. I'm sure slimy Dan's kissed a lot of ar$es.

I'll be buying it though....... hahahahahahaha only joking.
    Last edited by herbert; 20-08-2018 at 10:31 PM.

He said Nowt to do with me ; not authorised by me in response to Gary Sinclair joking that there's no hiding from certain events. Wilders response to that caused Sinclair to change the topic of conversation faster than greased lightening.

Obviously doesn't want to give it any more publicity.

Absolutely. Wilders terse remark suggests as far as he's concerned it's an irritating irrelevance.

Author of said book just been called on S2 over it and claims it was all cushty.
    Either Wilder is a little liar or........................ I know who I believe. Heard the words first hand from Wilder,not from some pseudo ITK er or Kozzys Dad!

Hi Sean, thanks for the interest in the book! To address some of your concerns; it isn’t Chris’s book, it’s not his autobiography and people have made that mistake, including Gary it seems. So when Gary asked Chris about ‘his book’, that was why he denied knowledge of it.

This book, Chris has full knowledge of. We discussed it after the Ipswich away game earlier in the season, and had several conversations about it since. We sat down for three lengthy interviews for the book; his lovely wife contributed pictures and his friends have ordered copies.

Re Herbert’s post, I understand the cynical view that it’s about making money but it isn’t. I’ll be lucky to have cleared minimum wage for the time it’s taken and if I don’t mind if I don’t. Without getting too personal, the stress of it all has taken its toll on me and my personal life but writing it also helped me with a few issues of my own, which was my desired outcome as well as charting two of the best years I’ve experienced at Bramall Lane so far.

Hope that clears things up a little. Any more questions, feel free to ask.

Only why you'd take the trouble to create an account on here to defend yourself.

I can't and wouldn't challenge what you have posted because I wasn't privy to any of these meetings and conversations you refer to. What I would say was Wilders response to Sinclairs reference to your Biography was scathing at best and irititated at worst.
    I have no axe to grind with you and wish you the best in your (highly competitive) career. Just throwing out on here what I saw and heard first hand.
    On a personal level I wish you nothing but the best and hope your health is and continues to be going in the right direction. Having gone through plenty myself I never like to hear of anyone suffering physically or otherwise.
    Now you've created an account on here use it more often Danny. As rod says it's busier today as I'm here!!!
    Don't be a stranger. All the best. SBT. Barred from S2 but never silenced!

Wouldn’t anyone take the time to correct some confusion about themselves?
    As I say just wanted to clear it up. Spoke with Chris today to clarify and there are no issues from his point of view

I'm glad that's the case. I only went on what I saw and heard first hand and it didn't sound good. Doubt I was alone in hearing it but to repeat Danny,glad to hear it and I wish you well.
    One question. Was your reason for speaking to Chris today to clear up any worries as to his apparent displeasure in the 'revelations' in your biography?
    Have to ask as any eager young cub reporter would. Not that I am,but I'm a nosy t w at and more importantly like things out in the open.

Edited to add Where my (our) beloved football club is concerned. That hasn't always been an easy wish to see fulfilled!!!
    Last edited by seanbeanstattoo; 21-08-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast