+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ipswich game

I can't disagree with any of that Mista.

I'd seriously look at playing 442 or 352, I've seen 3 of the 4 games and not seen us properly trouble a defence yet. Opposition centre halves are having it way too easy.

Lawrence only looks a threat from a free kick, if Mason Bennett is all of a sudden the answer we've not moved on much at all. Nugent is a bench impact player not a starter.

Get Marriott & Waghorn playing together and play an altogether higher pressing game. As Leeds have already shown any side with some talent is going to destroy us with the current line up, formation and playing style out from the back.

We gave two yellow cards away playing that risky way across the back, you need genuine footballers to execute that and despite their efforts and Forsyths decent game tonight he and Keogh don't fit that mould.

The ideology of it is all well and good.....if you have the players to execute it.

If Boro get Bolasie, him and Assombalonga would destroy us in our current set up as would a number of other sides.

I was all for selling Huddlestone to make a couple of million but tgere is no way would I let him go on loan to another championship club, we are crying out for his composure.

Lampard was pleased with our patience and the way we opened them up for our goals???
    I'm surprised that first half display didn't leave the ground half empty, awful it was!

We are going to end up with ten men soon enough playing across the back.

I saw Lampards interview and whilst I'm a fan he was glossing over things a tad!

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    I can't disagree with any of that Mista.

I'd seriously look at playing 442 or 352, I've seen 3 of the 4 games and not seen us properly trouble a defence yet. Opposition centre halves are having it way too easy.

Lawrence only looks a threat from a free kick, if Mason Bennett is all of a sudden the answer we've not moved on much at all. Nugent is a bench impact player not a starter.

Get Marriott & Waghorn playing together and play an altogether higher pressing game. As Leeds have already shown any side with some talent is going to destroy us with the current line up, formation and playing style out from the back.

We gave two yellow cards away playing that risky way across the back, you need genuine footballers to execute that and despite their efforts and Forsyths decent game tonight he and Keogh don't fit that mould.

The ideology of it is all well and good.....if you have the players to execute it.

If Boro get Bolasie, him and Assombalonga would destroy us in our current set up as would a number of other sides.

I was all for selling Huddlestone to make a couple of million but tgere is no way would I let him go on loan to another championship club, we are crying out for his composure.
    Yes Manx you are right about everything .It's ok having a possession based game but you must have a threat on goal Fulham played that way but they always had the goal threat FL keeps saying he's seen lots of Championship football well he doesn't seem to learned a lot because if ever there is a league were you have to mix it up its the Championship I would be surprised if we bring much more in before the end of the month so I can only see a slog till Jan Would like to see a change to 4-4-2 will
    it happen doubt it If you want to play 4-3-3 successfully you have to have a good hold up striker We don't have one ( please nobody say Martin )
    Last edited by mistaram; 22-08-2018 at 09:25 AM.

I have an American guy staying with me, last night he went to the game, his first. I asked what the highlight was and he said it was when he realised there were only two halves of 45 mins not four quarters. I offered him a free ticket for Saturday and he said he’ll pass....hopefully not like Keogh!

1st half was a whole bunch of nothing. They came for a 0-0 draw and we had both full backs defending so not a lot happened. Lawrence wasn't at the races, Nuge and Bennett kept getting into good positions and either got poor ball or no ball at all.

2nd half, the full backs pushed on, Lawro woke up and only one side was going to win it. Two great strikes aided and abetted by deflections were no more than we deserved.

Bogle was my man of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    1st half was a whole bunch of nothing. They came for a 0-0 draw and we had both full backs defending so
    not a lot happened. Lawrence wasn't at the races, Nuge and Bennett kept getting into good positions and either got poor ball or no ball at all.

2nd half, the full backs pushed on, Lawro woke up and only one side was going to win it. Two great strikes aided and abetted by deflections were no more than we deserved.

Bogle was my man of the match.
    MA Glad to see you agree about Lawrence i feel sorry for the lad If we have to play wide put him in the right He's a very good at crossing with his right foot Bogle was MoM but he could face an entirely different match against Preston my guess is they will put Robinson out wide against him and this lad can play Will be very interesting how he copes with him

Most SBC full backs will struggle with Robinson.......

[QUOTE=MadAmster;38992110]Most SBC full backs will struggle with Robinson.......[/QUOTE
    ]

True very good player

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)