+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "doing a Leeds" isn't really that band

Having an owner who doesn't reinvest the clubs own money to move the club forward, offers no hope at all. The fake hope of the premier league is all we have to cling on to.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Having an owner who doesn't reinvest the clubs own money to move the club forward, offers no hope at all. The fake hope of the premier league is all we have to cling on to.
    Exactly this. To sum up Ashley deprives us of any chance of success by not permitting development and betterment of the club from our own resources.

To only time Ashley spends is to get out of the chimpo .. For one reason only.. Advertising .
    Once back in the perm its life support nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It depends what people want.

It seems that everyone wants to be in the premier league who are in the championship or they wouldn't be competing to get there.

The issue starts when fans are coaxed into a belief that 100's of millions a season need to be spent in order to compete, when the reality is, nobody really competes for anything worthwhile other than the right to play in the premier league as also-ran clubs.

Unless the officialdom decide you are worthy of joining that pack of elites...only then will it become feasible to the modern fan, to actually win something.

We get thrown a few breadcrumbs to entice or we have the carrot dangled on the string attached to ourselves to keep us believing we have a chance of actually getting it.

Is it so bad being a Leeds?
    As of now any Leeds fan will tell you it's great.
    Go back in time and ask them when they're pushing through a season knowing they've lost sight of the play-off's.

It's about position and the belief of moving/edging forward that keeps interest. Not commercial revenue.

Anyone saying they would take relegation just to get rid of Ashley have to hope the new owner has a forward plan and not just a flash in the pan attitude.

I expect nothing from Newcastle United other than to have a club and team to be a fan of and support.
    I can just as happily be a fan of and support Newcastle United whether they're in the premier league or the non-league.

I'll still hold on to hope in every scenario, regardless.
    It just nicer to know you're looking towards a goal and being entertained in that vein.

The premier league offers fake hope to 90% of the teams in it.....By design, in my honest opinion.
    It wasn't fake hope under Sir John, K.K. and Sir Bobby. It was success and delirious excitement for the fans both in the Prem and in Europe. Happy days.

Been saying this for a while now; only way to get rid of Ashley is by hurting his investment. Maybe and just maybe for once he will be at the selling end of a bad investment. He's always buying into various business on the verge of shutdown. It's time he's on the other side of the coin.

As for the agony of drowning down in the lower leagues, as a true fan; I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of hardship. We're a big club and a very attractive asset. I'm very confident in the history of our club and very confident in ourselves as fans. We're attractive for a big investor to come in for us.

The thing is; are you happy at being a mediocre team fighting relegation every year? Is that all the ambition we should be subjected to every f***n season?? This pig sh!t will never have more ambition. He will milk us away; it's been 10!!! F****n years!!!! I don't want to grow old watching sh!t football.

We're football fans; the game is about winning, entertainment, joy, togetherness, happiness, it's about family as well and we're getting none of it!!!! We're not asking for trophies and cups; what we want is a fighting desire an an ambition to try and achieve it!!

Are you asking me if I'm happy just to be in the premier league like we have been for the last 10 year! F**k no I'm not!!!

What will it take to rid of Ashley??? I can only see one thing; hurt his investmen! For the fans; it's definitely self infliction but atleast there will be a change

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)