+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Nolan better as an underdog?

I think it’s simpler than this. When both AH and Nolo came into the club the situation both on and off the pitch was possibly the worst it could have been since the Trew’s decided not to put us into admin after Munto.

Change management is easy when things are really bad. Both AH and Nolo would have had opportunities to improve things that would have worked for anyone with minimum effort and a bit of money. Small improvements really do have a big impact when things are really bad.

For his faults AH has put his money where his mouth is so fair play to him for that.

So back to Nolo, I would not ask is he better as an underdog, I would be more inclined to ask is he just a manager of limited capability who’s energy and enthusiasm for the job was just enough to get us out of the mire when we were at our lowest ebb. It’s worth remembering after we got the points needed for safety that season we seemed to take our foot off the gas and performances dipped a bit again. A great manager would have wanted to win as many games as possible regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I have a funny feeling that with all of his comments, Hardy has told him no money left in the budget to sign anyone.
    We have just recouped a small fortune with the sale of Dongda He so there should be plenty in the budget. Let's hope it is used wisely!

I have a feeling AH won’t be using the loan market until either KN results pick up .... or we have a new manager.
    I think this is a key week - anything less than 2 points from these 2 games and he will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    I have a feeling AH won’t be using the loan market until either KN results pick up .... or we have a new manager.
    I think this is a key week - anything less than 2 points from these 2 games and he will be gone.
    If that's the case, he must already have someone lined up then? After Saturday, we have 6 days in which to make loan signings, so if that is the plan and it's a big if, he would already have someone lined up

If that's the case, he must already have someone lined up then? After Saturday, we have 6 days in which to make loan signings, so if that is the plan and it's a big if, he would already have someone lined up
    ...and we know who that will be - Mester Chettle from Ilson.

Seriously though, the loan window closes in 10 days time and after that it's free agents, or we're stuck with what we've got. So getting in the reinforcements we desperately need, is beginning to look increasingly more difficult / unlikely...

I wouldn’t doubt for one second he has someone lined up. If KN goes there will be a new manager before you can say KFC

I wouldn’t doubt for one second he has someone lined up. If KN goes there will be a new manager before you can say KFC
    This is after THREE league games. Admittedly our defence was ****e on Friday. The problem with modern football is that expectation is sky high, and the solution for anything less than 3 points is sack the manager. It takes time, effort and energy to win anything in football, this team needs time to jell. If I was making the signings during the summer, I would have prioritised the strike force. We also have a very good young centre back, but he's currently injured.

If we are still struggling after 10 games (which we won't be), its time to talk about dropping players, not changing manager.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    This is after THREE league games. Admittedly our defence was ****e on Friday. The problem with modern football is that expectation is sky high, and the solution for anything less than 3 points is sack the manager. It takes time, effort and energy to win anything in football, this team needs time to jell. If I was making the signings during the summer, I would have prioritised the strike force. We also have a very good young centre back, but he's currently injured.

If we are still struggling after 10 games (which we won't be), its time to talk about dropping players, not changing manager.
    The fundamentals are completely wrong - too many fairies not enough back bone or nastiness. The squad is top heavy with poor midfielders and wingers who don’t want to defend, the defence is old, slow and cannot pass wind.

But hey give it time to gel !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post

Ermmm, most peeps are forming their opinions of Nolo partly on those few games played this season, true, but also pre-season, when we were shipping goals for fun. Also, the 2nd half of last season when a lot of the blame for us managing to bottle auto promo, has to be laid at Nolo's & Al's door. Sorry, this "time to gel" chit has been worn far too thin for most fan's liking. But 4pts from the next 2 and all will no doubt be forgiven and forgotten.

The fundamentals are completely wrong - too many fairies not enough back bone or nastiness. The squad is top heavy with poor midfielders and wingers who don’t want to defend, the defence is old, slow and cannot pass wind.

But hey give it time to gel !!!!
    Slow, crap, cannot pass wind I agree with but old????? They may look it on the pitch but I don't think they are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast