+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Nolan better as an underdog?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Slow, crap, cannot pass wind I agree with but old????? They may look it on the pitch but I don't think they are.
    I simply think he and Hardy spent too long on shiny new strikers and wingers in the widow, to actually think about the weakness of the defenders and keeper.
    It was like Hardy wanted to make as much noise about big names as he could, whilst forgetting there is a messy workmanlike side to the game, and we simply didnt consider it.
    Now we are in a spot with one fit keeper, no fit right backs, half a fit left back, and Duffy and Brisley playing like they forgot what football is.

All that glitters and sounds fancy, isnt always gold.
    Last edited by iamITK; 21-08-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    This is after THREE league games. Admittedly our defence was ****e on Friday. The problem with modern football is that expectation is sky high, and the solution for anything less than 3 points is sack the manager. It takes time, effort and energy to win anything in football, this team needs time to jell. If I was making the signings during the summer, I would have prioritised the strike force. We also have a very good young centre back, but he's currently injured.

If we are still struggling after 10 games (which we won't be), its time to talk about dropping players, not changing manager.

The voice of reason at last!

problem is also winning 8 games in 8 months, thats a lot more than 3 games.
    Weve been poor since December

I see no ones commented on tonight’s team news yet haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    The voice of reason at last!
    Agreed. As disappointed as I am, I think it's madness to give Nolan less than, say, 10 games to prove he can turn this group of players into a winning outfit. Every team gets hammered now and again - remember Coventry against Yoevil last season? If it happens again tonight and on Saturday, then perhaps it will be time to get concerned, but three games in is too soon to make massive calls like sacking a manager. Especially given our track record of sacking managers and the lack of success it has brought.

For what it's worth, I think Nolan may well struggle to turn this around, based on results since January and the way we're playing. But He's still a manager who saved us from relegation and then got us into the playoffs in his first full season, so he deserves more time.

Now, let's get behind the team.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    For what it's worth, I think Nolan may well struggle to turn this around, based on results since January and the way we're playing. But He's still a manager who saved us from relegation and then got us into the playoffs in his first full season, so he deserves more time.
    Spot on. Nolan has a lot of questions to answer in a pretty short space of time, but getting rid this early would be sheer lunacy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123