+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceptic in for Mckenna

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I’m going to sound OTT as **** here, but if we sell McKenna to that lot, regardless of the fee, then it’s time to give it up.
    Aye but does he have a clause inserted like the hobbit c@nt did. He is on a new contract

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aye but does he have a clause inserted like the hobbit c@nt did. He is on a new contract
    This is my worry also. It has perhaps been drafted into his contract that he can leave for £x million and/or if a chosen team of his come calling we will let him go for a certain fee. No kidding, if we have anything like that written in then my ST is in the bucket.

Lets not beat around the bush here, Milne would sell the lad for £3-4m without even a second thought. My worry with a club like ours is that very little of that will ever be seen again, meaning we will not strengthen, but only weaken. He is maybe on a 5 year contract, but a fee of £3-4m is huge for someone like Milne and with a stadium to pay for he will take it without hesitation.

P.S there was talk of Derek saying he was worth £10m... so lets see if the club has any balls here.
    Last edited by Stupie82; 21-08-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Not having a go at anyone here but surely you knew this was the scenario? We can’t build the sh1tbox & keep our best players/sign better ones.

No amount of DNA funding will plug that hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    £18.5m, 100% sell on clause, Pittodrie redeveloped, Celtic moved to Outer Mongolia and Scott Brown sent to Saturn or no deal.

That should be their opening offer.

We can negotiate them up from that

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Not having a go at anyone here but surely you knew this was the scenario? We can’t build the sh1tbox & keep our best players/sign better ones.

Maybe that's why there are new DNA emails out as we need to fund a CB as the McKenna money will be tied up in the Kuntsford Kraphole

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

100%. That's why Ferguson and to an extent Anderson need extended deals now with a view to moving in 2yrs time. I can see Lewis being the next big money move. No doubt in my mind McKenna will go.

I'm fine with selling McKenna, even to a rival ... as long as the money's right.
    Given his ability, potential, the 5 years on his contract and the nature of the market, £10m is a not unrealistic asking price.
    If we accept anything less than £7m and a percentage of any future sale we're selling ourselves short.
    And any fee needs to be cold hard cash, not comprised of payment triggers (international caps, Celtic winning the Champions League etc).
    Plus, it's a big no thank you to any suggestion of taking one of their players on loan as part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    £18.5m, 100% sell on clause, Pittodrie redeveloped, Celtic moved to Outer Mongolia and Scott Brown sent to Saturn or no deal.
    .....and.....exclusive use of the swivel chair in future negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
    I'm fine with selling McKenna, even to a rival ... as long as the money's right.
    Given his ability, potential, the 5 years on his contract and the nature of the market, £10m is a not unrealistic asking price.
    If we accept anything less than £7m and a percentage of any future sale we're selling ourselves short.
    And any fee needs to be cold hard cash, not comprised of payment triggers (international caps, Celtic winning the Champions League etc).
    Plus, it's a big no thank you to any suggestion of taking one of their players on loan as part of the deal.
    I disagree, i think selling one of your best players to a rival is detrimental, especially considering our record of not using player fees to rebuild our squad.

So what if we get £10m or £15m, we wont see any of it so why bother? ALL of that cash will go to paying for the new stadium. We can argue all day whether that is right or wrong, but strengthening your rivals while trying to be clever with money is ludicrous.

Just aswell Considine is playing a blinder so far this season. A seamless replacement if big Scott does move on.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast