+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceptic in for Mckenna

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Things have went awfully quiet around Aberdeen FC at the moment...they must be upto something. Lee Wallace coming for a medical (sorry folks, he is an available left back) or have they just decided to stash the DNA cash rather than buy us good supporters gifts for enjoying the matches in the comfort of our own homes?
    you may have missed it, we've already loaned in a left back

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    According to sky sports we have knocked back a move from aston villa to loan them mckenna until january with an option to buy for £7Million,cheeky b'stsrds aston villa are!
    was the loan portion the way to get round their window closing early?
    was it an option or an obligation?

If so, turning down £7M, I'm surprised, though he would have gone for that.

Aston Villa were one of the earliest clubs I heard had an interest in McKenna, why leave it till so late.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    you may have missed it, we've already loaned in a left back
    You really are struggling now...I posted that a couple of days ago. Go and see Donsdaft for an eye check up.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    According to sky sports we have knocked back a move from aston villa to loan them mckenna until january with an option to buy for £7Million,cheeky b'stsrds aston villa are!
    Tell them we will do a similar deal for Considine instead

Aston Villa were one of the earliest clubs I heard had an interest in McKenna, why leave it till so late.
    No idea,just what i read

Yes it is a way round their window but they are cheeky bar stewards as it was an option to buy only, not an obligation like we are seeing in some deals - basically a five month trial - glad we told them to feck off - what if he got a really bad injury whilst on loan?

Tell them we will do a similar deal for Considine instead
    Would considine get a game for villa?

Why turn down £7million, this is the kind of money we could only dream of, add-ons for promotion, appearances, international appearances and a 20% sell on clause would surely have been the way to go for a raw talent such as McKenna.

You really are struggling now...I posted that a couple of days ago. Go and see Donsdaft for an eye check up.
    Fair enough, didn't;t recall reading that post and only caught it when the thread was bumped.
    Sorry for the missunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Why turn down £7million, this is the kind of money we could only dream of, add-ons for promotion, appearances, international appearances and a 20% sell on clause would surely have been the way to go for a raw talent such as McKenna.
    Because it was an option only i.e. they could take him on loan, pay some sort of modest loan fee and then hand him back in January. That's no use to us whatsoever.

Now if it was an obligation rather than an option to buy for £7M in January (like some deals this transfer window have been structured) then I'm with you and would do the deal at that price with appropriate add ons etc

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast