+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceptic in for Mckenna

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Fair enough, didn't;t recall reading that post and only caught it when the thread was bumped.
    Sorry for the missunderstanding.
    I am a reasonable guy...apology accepted. Enjoy the match tommorow...it should give us something fresh to debate.

I'm pretty sure that if McKenna comes back from injury and plays consistently well and adds another couple of Scotland caps by the turn of the year, he'll be off in January - possibly sold and loaned back to us for the rest of the season.

I doubt very much we were offered £7m, as I'm almost certain he'd be gone if we had - I would definitely take £7m for him. I'd guess it was nearer £4m or maybe at the most £5m. I don't see us getting much more than that for him to be honest, so I'd expect a similar bid in Jan will probably do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Would considine get a game for villa?
    Considine wouldn’t even get a game for Birmingham

Solihull moors then?

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Solihull moors then?
    You had me beat there as I honestly hadn’t heard of that team. Google helped me out so I could make an opinionated decision on them having Considine marauding at left back for them....NO!

Ach weel ... all told, we sent a message: "We have somethin you dinna hae ... and (this time) we're keepin him."

For now, the player's valuation is irrelevant .. but the gesture is not to be devalued. In McKennas we trust

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    you may have missed it, we've already loaned in a left back

Loaned in ?

Is that supposed to make the word "borrowed" sound better?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Loaned in ?

We can't "loan in" a player, or anything else for that matter. Technically, any team providing players "lends" them and the receiving team "borrows". Example ... Jimmy asks his (former) friend John: "may I borrow your wife for the evening?" ... John retorts "get tae f*** Jimmy, you didn't abide by the lending conditions last time"��

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Loaned in ?

Fits this, the pedantic grammar police or just an “@rsehole” of a post to play the man instead of the ball.

We have a player on loan, he has come in to the club.
    Feel free to correct that in your own head as I don’t really care about grammar, punctuation, spelling or anything else on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    We can't "loan in" a player, or anything else for that matter. Technically, any team providing players "lends" them and the receiving team "borrows". Example ... Jimmy asks his (former) friend John: "may I borrow your wife for the evening?" ... John retorts "get tae f*** Jimmy, you didn't abide by the lending conditions last time"��
    Is Borrow a noun?
    My intention was to refer to the football player who came into the club. Not the parties who agree the contract.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast