+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rovers live on Sky Sports

Rovers live on Sky Sports

All Championship midweek matches are now live with commentary on Sky Sports via the Red Button. Great news but will affect attendances a little.

I will still resist.
    I want to watch us as much as possible. But Sky are destroying football. And it still continues to this day. Folk can keep ignoring it, but with every subscription, they will keep ruining it. And I feel stromgh enough about it, to have never bought Sky.
    I love football, at all levels.
    Sky are destroying this every season.

Totally agree, without needing to say so.
    Money corrupts everything, as greed and a feeding frenzy ensues.
    I note that there are louder noises now clammering for a super elite league of Europe. Not long off now.
    Good luck with that they can have it.
    And what of the ‘fallout’ for the ‘relegated’ Premier League with all the debt???
    Also folk may have seen the report over the ‘no need’ for spectators match day revenue - empty stadiums eh, how exciting. So why are all costs to attend not bargain basement if it matters little ???
    Taking the proverbial?

Rant over.

Bit of a negative response to what I consider a bit of good news, hey ho so now I can watch my team live on tv like the rest of the planet.

Test not in any way decrying your satisfaction in being able to see your team in many more match day action especially as some would be ones you couldn’t attend ( as is my situation for the heavy majority).
    But my beef is with Sky and money go round circus that has been created.
    There is a price to pay for all this IMO and I personally do not like the way it’s gone and is heading.
    It’s probably my age .... but there you go. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    Bit of a negative response to what I consider a bit of good news, hey ho so now I can watch my team live on tv like the rest of the planet.

Sorry Test, I am being a grumpy old man!! Its good that we get to play more on TV.

But I worry a bit it could affect attendances? As we know, loads still don't go.
    Maybe this way, they get to see us doing better for themselves and may return.

Its not just the coverage which is too much, overkill.
    Its all this Monday night chat bollox. People like Gary Neville giving armchair experts more of a reason to release their inner Gary Neville. While armchair experts have always existed in one fashion, its even more intense now.
    Fans are experts on picking teams, dropping players, how a team should conduct themselves in the transfer market, how much they should spend, what colour tie the manager should wear on matchdays .......

its all gotten a bit too much, Everyone is a bloody expert now, instead of just supporting their football side.
    Its all that, which makes me feel uneasy.

All this aside, I will still probably watch matches midweek, I just wont pay for it. I refuse to.
    Last edited by champs95; 22-08-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)